Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British TV in Spain

British TV in Spain

Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future
Default British TV in Spain

I apologise if there have been zillions of posts on this forum about this before - but you guys have a wealth of expereince and I need a simple answer!

Is there an easy way to get English programmes/channels in Spain - I live in Barcelona - that a) doesnt cost much money and b) doesn't involve playing around with ariels on the roof of our large block of apartments?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:58 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British TV in Spain

there is a very good link on the FREE BEER section under "Satellite TV in Spain" which answers many questions....

its very good....dont know who provided it tho....
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:30 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarleon
I apologise if there have been zillions of posts on this forum about this before - but you guys have a wealth of expereince and I need a simple answer!

Is there an easy way to get English programmes/channels in Spain - I live in Barcelona - that a) doesnt cost much money and b) doesn't involve playing around with ariels on the roof of our large block of apartments?

Thanks for your help!
The only thing that comes a bit close with no dish ect.is a spanish digital tv.then you have a choice on a limited number of channels to switch the lingo to english (depending on what is broadcast.)
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:43 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help!
How fast is your internet connection?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:23 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
How fast is your internet connection?
Are you thinking of sling boxing it ?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:02 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
Are you thinking of sling boxing it ?
Nah this http://www.britishtvabroad.com they do it for you...

Last edited by Fuzzlepop; Oct 14th 2008 at 1:05 am.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Nah this http://www.britishtvabroad.com they do it for you...
Has anyone on here actually tried this site ?? Was just wondering if it works as well as they make out. We have tried the Britbox site and it can be very frustrating because the programs are provided in a number of links and they seem to deteriorate as you move through them so by the end of the prog it is almost impossible to watch. At least Britbox only costs £2.50 for a month so it's not much to fork out to try it. Wondered if this site is any better.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
Has anyone on here actually tried this site ?? Was just wondering if it works as well as they make out. We have tried the Britbox site and it can be very frustrating because the programs are provided in a number of links and they seem to deteriorate as you move through them so by the end of the prog it is almost impossible to watch. At least Britbox only costs £2.50 for a month so it's not much to fork out to try it. Wondered if this site is any better.
haven't tried it

but have heard on the grapevine that it's a bit dodgy
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:39 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Barcelona 1 need dish to get uk tv 2 D+ you get same tv , some with english Audio 3 Tdt.es again some with english audio again , most the dish on the roof are pointed at 19.2 east and you need 28.2 east slytv are freeveiw dish side for 28.3 90cm - 1.2 meters
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:30 am
Just Joined

bravodelta is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using british tv abroad and its great.
i get around 40 channels from UK
BBC itv ch4 ch5 plus the freeview channels.
I pay 15.95 pounds a month around 20 euros.
I have a wireless sender and it connected to my 32" lcd tv.
I live in a building that doesnt allow SAT dishes.
There are now a lot of customers in Torrevieja now since the
demise of Telemicro.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

Thank you all - i think i will investigate the british tv abroad option as we have internet here..

Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

wobbly is an unknown quantity at this point

80cm Dish in Barcelona is ample with a good quality LNB (combined cost in UK around £40)

I even have friends using a UK Region 2 Sky Issued Mini Dish (60cm) and receiving OK in Girona, but on these smaller dish sizes pictures will 'freeze' in bad weather conditions, 80cm Dish correctly aligned will work through any storm on Sky from Barcelona upwards

All you require is a Sky Digi Box and any Sky Viewing Card will 'marry up' with your Box within 24hrs giving all the Sky Free to View Channels and Radio Channels, virtually what you get via a Free to View Box in UK

DIY install is VERY easy, visit ANY Camp Site in Northern Spain and it's VERY rare to see any UK caravan or motorhome WITHOUT a Sky Dish on a Tripod outside!

Here is a link which explains all and is without doubt the best Satellite TV tutorial on the Internet

http://satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/
Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:09 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all - i think i will investigate the british tv abroad option as we have internet here..

and there rebroadcaster aswell and will come to end aswell bbc itv do not give the rights two any third partys to rebroadcast there singles via the net and as in sky(networks) ie sky movies sports one,two three again that will shut any one down

this company would be defrauding the tax man in vat paments

you will see british tv back in spain via Mmds system soon .
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:08 pm
Drunken Monkey

Originally Posted by jurdyr
and there rebroadcaster aswell and will come to end aswell bbc itv do not give the rights two any third partys to rebroadcast there singles via the net and as in sky(networks) ie sky movies sports one,two three again that will shut any one down

this company would be defrauding the tax man in vat paments

you will see british tv back in spain via Mmds system soon .
Yeah but atleast theres no setup costs and you pay per month
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:06 pm
Banned

Yeah but atleast theres no setup costs and you pay per month
watch here will be ..... watch it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.