Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British students to flock abroad

British students to flock abroad

Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:35 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default British students to flock abroad

With UK tuition fees ready to soar as high as £9,000 a year, school-leavers are choosing to go elsewhere
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...europe-no-debt

With more than 2,400 courses available in English in the non-English-speaking parts of Europe, the trend will extend beyond the Netherlands. The universities of Valencia and Milan are also seeing a rise in UK interest. It has traditionally been hard for overseas universities to prise undergraduates out of the UK, but last year a record number, 22,000, were studying for degrees abroad. "The Ucas system in the UK is so stressful and so many people don't get through that it seems really unfair. I like that the Dutch give people a second chance," said Bullock. "If you do badly in your A-levels you can still have a go. In England you just won't go to university if you get a C, which is a bit tough when you are so young.

"Financially it's going to make a big difference to me. I have a cousin doing a master's at Manchester who will leave with £40,000 of debt. I hope to leave with none."
Fpr those of you based in Spain, and can speak Spanish (and know the educational system there), there is actually a small business opportunity here ie set up a website with links/affiliate ads to accommodation, booksellers, transport links relevant to students. I did briefly consider looking into this myself, but I have a far bigger opportunity in the short term that will take up all my time. Interesting that Valencia is named in that report, but I suppose it makes sense - a fairly cheap city, close to the coast and with a good climate much of the year.