British Newbies

British Newbies

Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Richielisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Newbies

Originally Posted by Barriej
Got to agree 100% there..

Living in a more rural area, to me has more downs than ups.

A couple we are friends with live up the CV70 towards Guadalest (one of this areas busiest tourist places) but when one of them was ill, the ambulance could not get to the door.
They live along an unmade road, it stopped on the side of the CV70 and they had to drive the 500m to the ambulance.
Post is also a nightmare, they have to rent a box in the town (4.5km away) and if they order from Amazon they have the parcels delivered to the bar in town...
The water truck can't get to the house so they have to fill those IBC's (white cubes with the metal frames) with the water and then tow it to the water deposit.
And is living in a house with no mains water or electric 'real' or something out of the 1920's?

Sod that, ok they have wonderful views over the valley and down towards the sea but come on, its when something goes wrong that Im grateful we live in a small village and I can call on the neighbours (and them me) if we needed something.
And we are planning on moving in around 10 years to the town and then Im going to stop driving and just sit around with the old boys drinking in the sunshine (well if I ever learn enough spanish)

On the other hand, where would you describe as the 'real england' if someone were to ask?
I was born in west london and to me thats real, lots of people hate london and its crowded streets, but not to me.

Its like people posting asking for help with location. My idea of a nice place to live is just that mine, nobody else's.
Why I don't bother with commenting on those threads anymore, unless its for specific info about somewhere I know.

I like cities so real Spain to me is Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia etc,

My 2c anyway....
Thanks. I really appreciate your views and totally understand. The potential fo tragedy is something we are giving a lot of thought to. We would be happy on the outskirts of a village/small town but out of the way enough to give us privacy, dark skies at night for my astronomy but accessibility to local amenities when we want, albeit a short drive if need be.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richielisa
Do you have any details if them please?
I have used the services of this long-established family run firm in Torre del Mar for both a property purchase and a tax return after I'd sold one property and bought another, and can recommend them highly. Paloma Conde Cabello is their in-house lawyer and her brother Antonio is the tax adviser.

https://www.gestoriacabellogonzalez.com/en/
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I have used the services of this long-established family run firm in Torre del Mar for both a property purchase and a tax return after I'd sold one property and bought another, and can recommend them highly. Paloma Conde Cabello is their in-house lawyer and her brother Antonio is the tax adviser.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out. Do you know if they assist with residency?
Old Nov 19th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. I will check them out. Do you know if they assist with residency?
I don't, sorry. You would need to do the visa application in the UK anyway, then as I understand it make an application to register as a resident when you arrive in Spain.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

I don't, sorry. You would need to do the visa application in the UK anyway, then as I understand it make an application to register as a resident when you arrive in Spain.
I see. Thanks again.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

They do yes they did my residencia for me that was the old green card one. They did contact me a few months after introduction of the TIE card system saying they could sort out exchange but by then I had already exchanged green card to TIE myself. They were very good and helpful when I used them.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, interesting. We will have to do our research. Its just such a beautiful area and ticks lots of boxes. Beats living next to an industrial estate living just outside London!
It is certainly a beautiful and varied area and as you say ticks many boxes for coastal and rural living.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
They do yes they did my residencia for me that was the old green card one. They did contact me a few months after introduction of the TIE card system saying they could sort out exchange but by then I had already exchanged green card to TIE myself. They were very good and helpful when I used them.
Thanks. Thats helpful.

Regards

Rich
Old Nov 19th 2021, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've used them too and they are very good. They certainly deal with residency but as previously stated, that is no longer possible for the British thanks to Brexit because you now have to use a third party entity while you are still in the UK.

They are very well versed on DAFO, property law and can offer tax advice too.

Old Nov 19th 2021, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lou71
Yes, I've used them too and they are very good. They certainly deal with residency but as previously stated, that is no longer possible for the British thanks to Brexit because you now have to use a third party entity while you are still in the UK.

They are very well versed on DAFO, property law and can offer tax advice too.
thanks. Thats great!
Old Nov 20th 2021, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

By the way, who would you guys recommend for Health Insurance please?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
It is certainly a beautiful and varied area and as you say ticks many boxes for coastal and rural living.

Old Nov 20th 2021, 2:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, who would you guys recommend for Health Insurance please?
if you end up in Málaga province, Prevision Médica is good value and they don’t bump up the price or reduce cover when you reach 65.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant. Thanks mate
Old Nov 20th 2021, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
if you end up in Málaga province, Prevision Médica is good value and they don’t bump up the price or reduce cover when you reach 65.
I was with Prevision Médica before I got my S1 and although never needed to actually use them I always found them very helpful either by email or phone for any queries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.