Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bringing my car from UK to Spain or good

Bringing my car from UK to Spain or good

Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

benimar_col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing my car from UK to Spain or good

Im looking for information regarding the above, i intend to bring my 2001 Mondeo over in August 2007, it is currently taxed (UK) till Feb 08 and
MOT (UK) March 08.

Could somebody please advise regarding the Spanish 'itv' and also regarding having the registration changed to Spanish plates. I take it this must be done as i cannot continue with my UK road tax because i will never have it MOT'd in the UK again.

Thanks Col
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing my car from UK to Spain or good

Oh god, here we go again.

Oh and welcome to BE.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benimar_col
Im looking for information regarding the above, i intend to bring my 2001 Mondeo over in August 2007, it is currently taxed (UK) till Feb 08 and
MOT (UK) March 08.

Could somebody please advise regarding the Spanish 'itv' and also regarding having the registration changed to Spanish plates. I take it this must be done as i cannot continue with my UK road tax because i will never have it MOT'd in the UK again.

Thanks Col
Hiya Benimar
You will see that there is a thread running on this already, hence Matts comments

To condense it : If you come over here to live then you have to re register the car within 30 days of residency and by doing this you will also avoid paying the import registration tax. A gestoria will do the whole thing for you for around 500 - 900 euros inc lights. A car that is not road legal in the UK is not road legal in the UK
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

i was only intending to bring an old car over to save on rental etc etc , do i still have the gestoria to contend with also ? thanks mitz

matt yawwwwwwn
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

i was only intending to bring an old car over to save on rental etc etc , do i still have the gestoria to contend with also ? thanks mitz

matt yawwwwwwn
What?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

matt yawwwwwwn
As I said, if you are coming over here to live and you intend to keep the car then you have to re register it and the easiest way is to use a gestoria. You can try to do it yourself but if you don't speak Spanish it will be a challenge.
The Gestoria is like a solicitor, but cheaper

You are coming here to live .... right?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:49 am
Just Joined

no, only intend bringing car over for use when im of holiday etc etc or when i come over for a weekend , i have a holiday home in costa blanca
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:54 am
Straw Man.

So tell me, why did I get a yawn?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:54 am
Senior Moment

no, only intend bringing car over for use when im of holiday etc etc or when i come over for a weekend , i have a holiday home in costa blanca
OK well you have a problem. In theory you can keep the car here for 6 months and then it has to leave the country ..... but at the same time it has to be legal in the UK (country of reg). If you are leaving it here for good on UK plates then it can never be legal in the UK, therefore it won't be legal here and if you are stopped (which is quite common here) then you won't have the right paperwork.

Please read the thread on the Land rover in this section.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:55 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So tell me, why did I get a yawn?
Perhaps he's knackered
Old Jun 10th 2007, 10:56 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Perhaps he's knackered
people are doing that a lot to me round here.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
people are doing that a lot to me round here.
maybe its your attitude to newbies or dupe threads.

thanks again for the reply mitz
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:11 am
Straw Man.

maybe its your attitude to newbies or dupe threads.

thanks again for the reply mitz
what makes you think that I was making the comment at you, it was actually aimed at the fact that these threads always end up the same way.

I couldn't care less how mane duplicate threads are posted as they all add something, but if you do a quick search (always a good idea anyway) then you will see that there is a lot of chest thumping that goes on regarding these threads.

I shall await my apology from you.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

well chest thump and keep your thoughts to yourself , other wise you will get various and similar comments as mine.

i didnt get the same from the mod ?

------------------ end of the matter where im concerned ------------------
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:08 pm
Straw Man.

well chest thump and keep your thoughts to yourself , other wise you will get various and similar comments as mine.

i didnt get the same from the mod ?

------------------ end of the matter where im concerned ------------------
is it where your from that makes you abusive and confrontational??

The comment wasn't meant for you ya twat!!

you will note that I then went on to welcome YOU to the forum.

So to sum up.......................it wasn't for you, it was for the droves of conflicting advice that ends up in a confusing mess!!

You may find it better to ignore me from now on, life will be easier for all concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.