Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the breakdown of society?

the breakdown of society?

Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:13 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the breakdown of society?

Oh yeah, Mitz, don't complain that the criminals are taking photos of what they are doing. That's all good, as it save the police a lot of time.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:15 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The England-Netherlands football match tomorrow has been cancelled (quite understandably). One wonders how London will be able to cope with the Olympics next year..

On a more positive note, local people are getting together to clean up the affected areas. If you follow twitter you can see a lot of info by searching for the tag #riotcleanup
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Mitz, the blazing petrol drum isn't down to just the one match, but the idiot who struck it shouldn't walk away unpunished.

Of course the idiots who then see the riot as an excuse to go shopping with a half brick instead of a credit card should be punished. However, if the governments get us in the shit, remain unaffected themselves and use our money to bail out the rich and powerful while leaving the citizens with nothing (or what they perceive as nothing) then they too are to blame.

You don't get riots where everyone is earning good money.
Yes, fair enough .... but the hoodies in Birmingham and Liverpool couldnt give a toss about the guy in London who was shot. Nor do any of the rioters in London outside Tottenham I'd guess.

When were the last serious mass riots in the UK? Wasn't it the 1980's, under a Conservative Maggie Thatcher Government?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:19 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, fair enough .... but the hoodies in Birmingham and Liverpool couldnt give a toss about the guy in London who was shot. Nor do any of the rioters in London outside Tottenham I'd guess.

When were the last serious mass riots in the UK? Wasn't it the 1980's, under a Conservative Maggie Thatcher Government?
But the same point applies. It's not dissimilar to the petrol drum analogy. With one drum alight, if the other drums are damaged, the sparks wil set off the other drums too.

That's why handing out comments suggesting the Met start shooting rioters is a tad reckless.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:28 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Stevie I absolutely agree with what you are saying Police have lost control of the streets. This is what political correctness has done.

Many of those whose businesses have been looted are foreigners too...does the Guardian only support blacks on benefits!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bil;9546789 Like it or not, areas with high immigrant populations are more likely to riot.[/QUOTE]

IMO the majority of the rioters were British not immigrants. You have mistaken ethnicity with immigation.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:37 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bil
You don't get riots where everyone is earning good money.
... and this Utopia is where exactly?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:37 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Stevie I absolutely agree with what you are saying Police have lost control of the streets. This is what political correctness has done.

Many of those whose businesses have been looted are foreigners too...does the Guardian only support blacks on benefits!
I blame it more on a lack of direction at the top. I don't have a lot of time for Maggie, but she always made sure the forces of law and order were around for possible conflicts. She wouldn't disappear without remaining in contact either! Tony or Gordon too, may have took holidays but at least they left the bruiser Prescott around (if only he was in charge now!). But it seems that all the major players - Cameron, Clegg, Boris Johnsonn etc were all sunning themselves at the same time, and the lack of leadership has been abysmal.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:49 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnyone
IMO the majority of the rioters were British not immigrants. You have mistaken ethnicity with immigation.
Yeah, I was going to use the word black, but then I remembered that there have been asian rioters. You are right, it wasn't the most accurate word to use. I suppose I should have gone with 'non reflective'.

I know there were a lot of whites in the riot, the point was that areas where there is a high population of non reflective people, there is a higher tendancy to riot IMO.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:53 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo

Ah, now is this the usual code for 'If we could only act out our racist fantasies, the world would be a better place?'

You are quite right to say that the guardian is of course only printed for a readership of black one legged communist lesbians, which makes me wonder about the awards and readership it commands. No matter, no matter.

So, political correctness has caused all this? Please explain how?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:55 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I blame it more on a lack of direction at the top. I don't have a lot of time for Maggie, but she always made sure the forces of law and order were around for possible conflicts. She wouldn't disappear without remaining in contact either! Tony or Gordon too, may have took holidays but at least they left the bruiser Prescott around (if only he was in charge now!). But it seems that all the major players - Cameron, Clegg, Boris Johnsonn etc were all sunning themselves at the same time, and the lack of leadership has been abysmal.
There's a crisis, so all the top people go on holiday.

Brilliant, simply brilliant. Prescott may have been a monumental twat, but he said he never allowed that to happen.

With the current crisis, wouldn't you think that intelligent government would....

ah yes, I'd overlooked that bit hadn't I?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:05 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bil
Ah, now is this the usual code for 'If we could only act out our racist fantasies, the world would be a better place?'

You are quite right to say that the guardian is of course only printed for a readership of black one legged communist lesbians, which makes me wonder about the awards and readership it commands. No matter, no matter.

So, political correctness has caused all this? Please explain how?
Maybe when you explain where this place is (to quote you)

"You don't get riots where everyone is earning good money."

Do you live there?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:10 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think the present Government is useless, they have lost the plot in everything. Not a great message going out to the rest of the world in the countdown to the Olympics

I watched a programme years ago discussing the afro-caribbean community. Many of them thought by being too lenient in schools etc. did not do them a favour. On the caribbean islands schools are very strict and one said when she came to London the math standards were lower. A few claimed they were never punished, mainly ignored because the Teachers feared claims of racism.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I knew there would be comments about the police inability to cope.
I knew most of the sh** thrown at the police would be thrown by Bil too
If one cardiac surgeon made a serious mistake there would be ructions ...sure. and that surgeon would be investigated and if found to be negligent...struck off.
But we would never in a million years blame all surgeons for his mistake and then call them all butchers!
Why don't we apply the same rules and the same understanding with the police.
One bad decision by one officer in extremis becomes, in the public's mind police brutality.
It's a brutal world. We want our police to be effective and yet we're happy to send them into the fray for us with no powers at all. For fear of the public they aim to protect, their management and the government tie their hands. And we're happy to throw accusations at all for the mistakes of a few.
Why are we so supportive of the military fighting an arguably unjust war abroad and then kick our equally brave police in the teeth day after day??
What if we suggested that we disband the police and leave all you whinge-ers to it. See if you'd make a better job.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't was never so appropriate.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:20 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by JnK
Maybe when you explain where this place is (to quote you)

"You don't get riots where everyone is earning good money."

Do you live there?
Tell me, when times are good, and people have money in their pockets, do you get riots then?

Or do they tend to be where there is hardship and opression?

I appreciate that's a tough question, but it's a good attempt to shift focus away from a valid question as to how riots are cause by political correctness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.