Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Breakdown Cover

Breakdown Cover

Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Breakdown Cover

Whilst I hope my car doesn't break down either en route to Spain or once I'm there, am I better of getting it in UK with European cover, or in Spain? Been quoted around £100 in UK...you can get it cheaper but they tend to be only for 31 days maximum.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:39 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakdown Cover

Spanish car insurance includes breakdown cover. https://www.lineadirecta.com/Recurso...insurance.html

You can buy RACC here http://w3.racc.es/index.php?mod=pagi...1&relmenu=1366

Cheapest is not always best!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw brilliant thanks very much. I'm going to keep my current UK insurance at the moment and I've added their breakdown cover as you can stay for 180 days rather than 30 days on a lot of other policies. The insurance also covers me fully comp whilst abroad too, so I'm going to keep with that until I need to change or at least until we're settled and know what we're doing.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:56 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

As in the A Team: I love it when a plan comes together!

Hopefully you will not need to claim on the breakdown. When I had to claim on Green Flag the f....s did not turn up.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
When I had to claim on Green Flag the f....s did not turn up.
I had a similar experience many years ago with the RAC, they said I had not paid.

A couple of weeks later they had a stand at the Boat Show

I had a whole day of fun, regularly walking past and making the odd comments to the crowd of onlookers.

But they did return my money