Brand Beckham

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brand Beckham

Is it me, or is there anyone else on the planet that doesn't understand the fascination with David and Victoria?
Apart from the speculation about his (surely fading by now) career there's all this stuff about her being a 'top fashion designer'. I have yet to see a picture of anyone wearing something she's designed apart from her. Maybe I don't look in the 'right places'.
Yet there seems to be a piece of Beckham non news online and in the red tops on a daily basis. Its worse than Princess Diana. Why?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all
Default Re: Brand Beckham

I believe the reason is having a good PR machine, this is the 21st century and the benefits of good "PR" often outweighs the need for "talent". It's a crazy world alright
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:42 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richie1892
I believe the reason is having a good PR machine, this is the 21st century and the benefits of good "PR" often outweighs the need for "talent". It's a crazy world alright

Ain't that the truth in a nutshell.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:54 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Is it me, or is there anyone else on the planet that doesn't understand the fascination with David and Victoria?
Apart from the speculation about his (surely fading by now) career there's all this stuff about her being a 'top fashion designer'. I have yet to see a picture of anyone wearing something she's designed apart from her. Maybe I don't look in the 'right places'.
Yet there seems to be a piece of Beckham non news online and in the red tops on a daily basis. Its worse than Princess Diana. Why?
makes me wonder how much they are paying their PR company.
of course they may have fotogs outside their abode waiting 24/7, but it seems to me someone fones around to warn them he/she/they are taking the kids out in new romper suits so everyone is there.

i think it is all so sad, I don't think the guy ever played a full 90mins of football, she can't sing, but they seem to continually rake in the money, be so well thought of.
not sure if they are a good example for todays youngsters or not.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's more to it than good PR. To a lot of people they represent "success", working-class kids who worked their way to the top, showing that anyone can become rich and famous, you don't have to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

There's no doubt that David deserves his success because he really was a brilliant footballer, but I've never really warmed to Victoria, who seems to embody everything that's false and tacky about celebrity status.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

Yeah Beckham was a good footballer, I didn't say or mean they had no talent but with good PR you can become a lot more famous than your talent levels warrant. As good a footballer as Beckham was, there are plenty more who were better but very few who are as famous and as for Victoria... well, she's made the most of what little talent she has(as a singer) mostly down to their "PR" machine imo.
I'd say the "silver spoon" doesn't really come into it, as most famous people weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths, fame comes more from having a combination of talent, luck and good PR in varying degrees. I'd say the Beckhams excel in 2 of those, but each with a different 2.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

as for Victoria... well, she's made the most of what little talent she has(as a singer) mostly down to their "PR" machine imo.
She's never claimed to be a good singer, in fact she's been very open in admitting she was the weakest singer of the Spice Girls which says not a lot

I've seen a fair few people wearing her clothes. Look pretty good to me but as to whether she's designed them or not I have no idea. I have a soft spot for the Beckhams and actually think they're pretty good role models for those that want to model themselves on celebs Apparently hard working, gorgeous well behaved (in public) kids, strong family unit etc etc. She also has a wicked sense of humour and contrary to media perception does not take herself seriously at all.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Moneypenny...She couldn't really claim otherwise to be fair
As for her clothes, I've always found them a bit on the tight side

To be fair, she's done well so begrudgingly I have to say well done her
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Moneypenny...She couldn't really claim otherwise to be fair
As for her clothes, I've always found them a bit on the tight side

To be fair, she's done well so begrudgingly I have to say well done her
Yes, neither of them are too bright, but they've done well, good luck to them.
To become multi millionaires on rather dubious talent could mean they are not so dull after all. The pair have done good.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
She's never claimed to be a good singer, in fact she's been very open in admitting she was the weakest singer of the Spice Girls which says not a lot

Faint praise indeed eh?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

They are promoted as 'ambassadors of Britain'. Yeechh!
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

I've seen a fair few people wearing her clothes. Look pretty good to me but as to whether she's designed them or not I have no idea. I have a soft spot for the Beckhams and actually think they're pretty good role models for those that want to model themselves on celebs Apparently hard working, gorgeous well behaved (in public) kids, strong family unit etc etc. She also has a wicked sense of humour and contrary to media perception does not take herself seriously at all.
Celebs or the public? I keep hearing how successful her designs are (fair point they may not even be hers) but I have never seen anyone but her wearing them.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Celebs or the public? I keep hearing how successful her designs are (fair point they may not even be hers) but I have never seen anyone but her wearing them.
I doubt you'll see too many in your village wearing her gear, it doesn't come cheap! For those that have the money, they seem to be buying in big numbers, just because you haven't seen anyone wearing it hasn't stopped her becoming a global success. Personally I don't know anyone that wears any of this weird stuff that you see on the catwalks by famous designers, but they seem to sell it and become successful.
Victoria Beckham's successful fashion line rakes in £15m in just three months
Victoria Beckham's fashion line has fast become a global success, with sales of more than £15million in the first three months of this year.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

..... as to whether she's designed them or not I have no idea. .
Lets face it, she doesn't design anything.

I heard an interesting story on the radio a while ago, about one of her song writers, concerning Posh's writing credits, which the writer claimed consisted of adding a 'yeh' here or there on to the song that she was presented with.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 9:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Celebs oh and some friends (with money) have a few dresses in the UK. Don't know if the celebs paid for them mind,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.