Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

And the boxes keep moving around

And the boxes keep moving around

Old Dec 18th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute
Default And the boxes keep moving around

Hi everyone, part 4 of our story is attached for the hard of sleeping.

After a slight hiccup where the Policeman sent us packing because we did not speak fluent Spanish, we obtained our ´residencia´

It took us 3 weeks in total from our initial visit before we had them in our hot little hands.

The requirements were

Completed modelo EX18 and two copies
Completed and stamped as paid modelo 790
Passports and copy
NIE and copy
Padrón & copy
Written certificate of Pension income per month from pension provider
Copy of S1

The written certificates were a we bit of a problem. Jill had a pukka one from DWP but I had to email my ex employer and get him to type out a statement and send me it. We also had to get an authenticated copy of the payments from DWP that had arrived in our Spanish bank account. The two statements also had to be translated by the gestor.

S1´s were handed in to the clerk at the Ayuntamiento and she applied for our permanent SIPs. She told us to return in one month to collect them, so watch this space.

So the only bit of officialdom we have to encounter, afaik, is the tax man. I think that will leave tackling hacienda until early in January.

It has taken us 10 weeks to get to this stage since we arrived in Spain, but we now have a long term rental, a second hand car and all the official paperwork, a registration on the padron, our residencia and an application for permanent state healthcare.

I must say that although at times it has been frustrating, mainly the waiting around, it has all been an awful lot easier than we imagined.

We are now settled in for Christmas with the tree, cards, and lights up; a Christmas dinner booked with friends and expecting our first visitors early in the New Year. Viva España.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Moving to Spain part 4.doc (31.5 KB, 69 views)
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the boxes keep moving around

Originally Posted by stevesainty
I must say that although at times it has been frustrating, mainly the waiting around, it has all been an awful lot easier than we imagined.
Well, that's good to hear! Bienvenidos a España!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the boxes keep moving around

Good to hear that you continue to make good progress with getting everything sorted out.

You'd think once it's done, it's done, but no such luck. My OH had a letter hand delivered to the door (to be signed for) from the Ayuntamiento last week, advising him that he needed to reconfirm his details for the padron.

We went down to the Ayuntamiento yesterday to take care of it, and the lady asked if I'd received a letter too, which I hadn't. She checked on the computer and said that mine wasn't due until 2014 - absolutely no idea why that should be, because we originally signed on the padron at exactly the same time. Oh well, another trip to look forward to in 2014. Lucky it's only a couple of minutes' walk away.