Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Boris supporting Spain!!

Boris supporting Spain!!

Old Jun 10th 2021, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boris supporting Spain!!

Last night,on British TV,did I actually see our Boris showing openly that he supports Spanish Companies? There was a news item showing him in Scotland,wearing an overall(Hands on Boris) bearing the logo of"Scottish Power".Does he not know that it is a subsidiary of Iberdrola?Or was it a subtle hint that,at heart,he never did truly support Brexit.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boris supporting Spain!!

All wishful thinking....
Old Jun 11th 2021, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

No idea why you think its "our Boris", feel free to keep him to yourself.
If I wanted to watch clown, I would go to circus. Better value for money.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 10:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
No idea why you think its "our Boris", feel free to keep him to yourself.
If I wanted to watch clown, I would go to circus. Better value for money.
🎪
Old Jun 11th 2021, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

The only way I would keep Boris is alone,on a short chain ,in a cellar with a mirror since he so loves himself.Unfortunately,for British Nationals,he has got himself voted in as "our" P.M.However at least in time,one part of the(Dis-United Kingdom) could well refer to him differently.If/when that happens,I shall gladly wave the Saltire along with the E.U.flag.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how everybody disapproves and yet he has a huge majority!
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
It's basically the perpetual, whinging, sad, people that do not accept the vote.

Unfortunately this forum is overrun by them.

This forum should change it's name to WHINGINGEXPATS.COM
Old Jun 11th 2021, 2:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
It's basically the perpetual, whinging, sad, people that do not accept the vote.

No it shouldn't. Brexit is only one subject out of the hundreds of thousands discussed on BE over the years, and it's helped countless people.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​That's quite simple really look who the alternative was? I would add that from experience it is not always a popular leader that is a good leader. Boris plays to the audience and it worked for him. Where I do agree with you is that re both brexit and the last general election they are done and we are where we are and it is what it is. People expressing a dislike of the situation or thoughts on particular people in politics including the standing PM are not necessarily whinges more they may have a different view to you but then is that not part of what forums are for? We may not all necessarily agree but we shouldn't name call or fall out.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe Fred,we are sad whingers & are not prepared to accept something that impacted so completely on our settled lives yet denied a vote on this.Purely because we had lived abroad for a set number of years.The arguments for this have all been played out on these forums often enough but it´s not likely to go away because we are told to"get over it".After 4 decades of Spanish lifestyle the last 4 years hanging on after that disaster of a referendum,due to family circumstances I finally had to return to UK.Although I have Scottish relatives,I am English,swore allegiance to the Crown when I joined the British Armed Forces,so never sought to change my nationality,but chose to live in Scotland where I can register my approval to help elect a Political Group who believe in the EU.Many people here do not rate the SNP highly while still wanting to belong in that Union but,in the recently held elections there was a choice of other political parties with the same aims.So it was easy.Boris Johnson is not only disliked as a Politician but as a person,in fact I am amazed at the amount of resentment felt.Not everyone disapproves of him,Spainrico,.He has loyal followers particularly in southern England as I know well by listening to my elderly sisters.They believe ever word he utters,even the Latin phrases!And so many more who are equally enthralled as they are.Before the election in my new town,which was one of the few areas of Scotland with a blue splash of colour on the political map,I asked the local standing Tory candidate what was his view on we British ex-pats.being denied the vote in the Referendum.True to form he dodged the question but said he was totally in favour of supporting the up coming debate in Parliament to give us back that right as a "vote for life" for Nationals abroad.Bit too late,Laddie,for me but anyway it will be unnecessary for him as he lost his long held seat.It was quite a sight to see,in this conservative Conservative part of the UK ,the huge number s of EU placards in windows & the Saltire being flown in the gardens of the bungalows of folks not usually given to such displays.It may be a long time coming,but I am pleased if mine & others grandchildren will get the chance of the opportunities I had by being part of the EU again.Good idea from Fred regarding a forum for WHINGINGEXPATS.COM Rosemary please take note,can see it being overwhelmed by posters .Do hope Fred also sticks to his principals & never crosses the border to take advantage of any goodies from that next door neighbour.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Fred should have said,principles not principals.Just goes to show how hard it is to adapt quickly to a completely new regime for us ex-pat.whingers
Old Jun 11th 2021, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

I agree Fred, those people whining about the EU, don't they just get on your t*ts!

Old Jun 11th 2021, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute

It's because the UK has a strange electoral system. E.g. in Dec 2019 the Conservatives put on 330k votes and gained 48 seats; the LibDems put on 1.3m and lost 1 seat. The Tory's huge majority is on 43% of the vote. Strange indeed.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 8:01 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No it shouldn't. Brexit is only one subject out of the hundreds of thousands discussed on BE over the years, and it's helped countless people.
Chill Scouse they will make you a moderator at some stage so no need to gild the Lilly.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 4:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Chill Scouse they will make you a moderator at some stage so no need to gild the Lilly.
What, the unpaid job that takes a lot of your time and leaves you open to abuse and complaints? Admire and am grateful for them, wouldn't wanna be them.

Seriously though, I know that I stick up for BE but I have good reasons. I joined the forum years back when I was up to my eyeballs in paperwork for my UK spouse visa application, I was ready to tear my hair out. The help I received here made all the difference, so I stuck around to help others in the same boat. I've seen so many immigration disasters waiting to happen averted by the advice people get here, and the satisfaction the regulars get from saving people money, stress and an adverse immigration history makes up for the odd dig or ignorant comment.

ps I'm spouse, my husband's scouse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.