Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Border Crossing

Border Crossing

Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Border Crossing

For those of you who haven't tried to go to Portugal this week just be aware that due to a 2 day Nato Summit in Lisbon controls at all 9 border crossings have been strengthened causing delays. Regards Bryony

P.S. finishes Saturday

Last edited by MikeCol; Nov 17th 2010 at 8:04 am.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Border Crossing

Hi
I have a note I wrote in my diary some time ago about a National strike in Portugal on Wednesday the 24th any news about that ?
Regards
Chris
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
I have a note I wrote in my diary some time ago about a National strike in Portugal on Wednesday the 24th any news about that ?
Regards
Chris
As far as I can see it is still going ahead. Bryony
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeCol
As far as I can see it is still going ahead. Bryony
Hi Bryony
If my memory serves me correctly weren't the airports meant to be targeted ?

Chris
Old Nov 17th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Bryony
If my memory serves me correctly weren't the airports meant to be targeted ?

Chris
If the same things happen as they did on the day of the general strike in Spain I would say yes. We flew to Tenerife that day (from Seville) and when we arrived at said airport the only people working inside were 1 lady doing check ins and the police. There was no duty free and all the food and drink outlets were closed. Lots of flights were cancelled (ours wasn't because there is no other option for Tenerife) and we also had to put our own luggage on the plane. At the other end there were only a couple of taxis working out of the airport. The up side was we didn't pass a single lorry on our journey from CE to Seville and there was hardly any traffic in Seville itself. Bryony