Boot Sale

Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:51 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: costa de la luz
Posts: 19
lcr04 is on a distinguished road
Default Boot Sale

We have so much stuff, we need to do a boot sale, there are none here in Chiclana, and we believe the nearest would be on the Costa del Sol on a Sunday.

I am unable to go with my husband as we have young children, so would not be practical, and we have been told not to go on your own, for fear of items to go walking off your stall!

If there is anybody that (A)- knows where it is and (B) -who would like to fill half a van, and go with my husband, share diesel (he has his own van) and costs for pitch etc. Then this way, it is worthwhile and you could help each other with keeping an eye on the items etc.
lcr04 is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:23 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
maryann's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: el puerto, cadiz province
Posts: 312
maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by lcr04 View Post
We have so much stuff, we need to do a boot sale, there are none here in Chiclana, and we believe the nearest would be on the Costa del Sol on a Sunday.

I am unable to go with my husband as we have young children, so would not be practical, and we have been told not to go on your own, for fear of items to go walking off your stall!

If there is anybody that (A)- knows where it is and (B) -who would like to fill half a van, and go with my husband, share diesel (he has his own van) and costs for pitch etc. Then this way, it is worthwhile and you could help each other with keeping an eye on the items etc.
yes. let me know, I have loads of stuff, and i also have two little children so have the same problem. WE are in ele puerto, not to far from you.
maryann is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:41 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
spain's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Kent - Gandia - Kent
Posts: 1,998
spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

you could also try selling any valuable stuff on ebay.es - I have sold a few ps2 games of my sons and got more than I would of at the boot sale
spain is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:47 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
mrsjdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo Spain
Posts: 991
mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Hi Icr04,
The nearest one to you on the Costa del Sol that I know of is between Estapona and Gibraltar, called Sabinellos ( spelling may be wrong), do not know what the procedure, costs are, but if I find out will let you know. A few people near us go their every Sunday, they say it is one of the best ones, they do well, we went once, just to look.
mrsjdr is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:50 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: costa de la luz
Posts: 19
lcr04 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by maryann View Post
yes. let me know, I have loads of stuff, and i also have two little children so have the same problem. WE are in ele puerto, not to far from you.
thank you for your reply maryann, do you know where the boot sale is, otherwise I have a vision of you and my husband driving up and down the costa del sol at 6am on a Sunday morning shouting at each other.
lcr04 is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: costa de la luz
Posts: 19
lcr04 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by spain View Post
you could also try selling any valuable stuff on ebay.es - I have sold a few ps2 games of my sons and got more than I would of at the boot sale
allready done that, can't sell everything on EBAY
lcr04 is offline  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: costa de la luz
Posts: 19
lcr04 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by mrsjdr View Post
Hi Icr04,
The nearest one to you on the Costa del Sol that I know of is between Estapona and Gibraltar, called Sabinellos ( spelling may be wrong), do not know what the procedure, costs are, but if I find out will let you know. A few people near us go their every Sunday, they say it is one of the best ones, they do well, we went once, just to look.
I await your friends info
lcr04 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:59 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
mrsjdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo Spain
Posts: 991
mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

The charge for a pitch is just €10, turn up before 8 a.m., It is just off the N340 coastal road, we found it easily, the guy (been told to look out for big fat guy) !! will then take your money and give you a number and hopefully you will sell all your unwanted things, good luck
mrsjdr is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:49 am
  #9  
Welsh Ambassador to Spain
 
Fortaleza's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,741
Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by mrsjdr View Post
The charge for a pitch is just €10, turn up before 8 a.m., It is just off the N340 coastal road, we found it easily, the guy (been told to look out for big fat guy) !! will then take your money and give you a number and hopefully you will sell all your unwanted things, good luck

Why not organise one amongst yourselves? Some people up in a tiny village in North Huelva organised a couple of events and although it trailed off (there are only a few hundred people in the village!!!) the locals took to it and it wasn't just a foreigners event.

You could promote it through the typical expats pubs, supermarkets and the My Cadiz site etc (Lemon Tree, Fishermans, Monopoly, SmithFitz etc) but also try to get locals involved. Local press can help with that - even try and get La Luz involved.

Down by Browns Bar I seem to remember some ground available that they use as a makeshift car park. Whay not approach them? They seemed like nice approachable people.

Could be fun doing it yourselves and a lot closer than Estepona!!!
Fortaleza is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:02 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
maryann's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: el puerto, cadiz province
Posts: 312
maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by Fortaleza View Post
Why not organise one amongst yourselves? Some people up in a tiny village in North Huelva organised a couple of events and although it trailed off (there are only a few hundred people in the village!!!) the locals took to it and it wasn't just a foreigners event.

You could promote it through the typical expats pubs, supermarkets and the My Cadiz site etc (Lemon Tree, Fishermans, Monopoly, SmithFitz etc) but also try to get locals involved. Local press can help with that - even try and get La Luz involved.

Down by Browns Bar I seem to remember some ground available that they use as a makeshift car park. Whay not approach them? They seemed like nice approachable people.

Could be fun doing it yourselves and a lot closer than Estepona!!!
Count me in on that one. I am in el puerto so I can do the PR round here, I think that is an excerlent idea.

Last edited by maryann; Feb 12th 2007 at 12:02 pm. Reason: I can also get the yanks from the base, they love yard sales, extra buyers and sellers!
maryann is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:13 pm
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Chiclana
Posts: 3,327
Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by Fortaleza View Post
Why not organise one amongst yourselves? Some people up in a tiny village in North Huelva organised a couple of events and although it trailed off (there are only a few hundred people in the village!!!) the locals took to it and it wasn't just a foreigners event.

You could promote it through the typical expats pubs, supermarkets and the My Cadiz site etc (Lemon Tree, Fishermans, Monopoly, SmithFitz etc) but also try to get locals involved. Local press can help with that - even try and get La Luz involved.

Down by Browns Bar I seem to remember some ground available that they use as a makeshift car park. Whay not approach them? They seemed like nice approachable people.

Could be fun doing it yourselves and a lot closer than Estepona!!!

I am up for it too. Could use the community Centre at Pago del Humo. I wouldn´t mind doing it and raise a bit of money for the animal refuge.
Chiclanagir is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
  #12  
this is me
 
gallerie9's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Jerez
Posts: 832
gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Boot Sale

Put our names down to.
gallerie9 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:44 pm
  #13  
Welsh Ambassador to Spain
 
Fortaleza's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,741
Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boot Sale

Originally Posted by gallerie9 View Post
Put our names down to.
Whoaaaaa!!!!! Horsey!!!!! I don't live anywhere near Chiclana so please don't count me in. I merely suggested the original poster might think about doing it.

But nice to see you've got enough names to start off a small one
Fortaleza is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:07 pm
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 443
Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of
Default Re: Boot Sale

If I were you I would have a word with the guy in Monopoly or Brownes. We attended the last one in Chiclana, which was supposed to be he start of a monthly programme, but the next time we went out were told that the Policia had closed them down.

Jim
Bigger Jim is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:10 pm
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 443
Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of
Default Re: Boot Sale

If I were you I would have a word with the guy in Monopoly or Brownes. We attended the last one in Chiclana, which was supposed to be the start of a monthly programme, but the next time we went out were told that the Policia had closed them down.

Jim
Bigger Jim is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.