Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Books or tv programs about moving to Spain

Books or tv programs about moving to Spain

Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

tones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant futuretones66 has a brilliant future
Default Books or tv programs about moving to Spain

Can anyone recommend any good books or tv programs/ films regarding moving to Spain from the UK ?
A true life story regarding the move from someones own experience would be ideal.
Anyone have any suggestions ?
Tony
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: Books or tv programs about moving to Spain

Originally Posted by tones66
Can anyone recommend any good books or tv programs/ films regarding moving to Spain from the UK ?
A true life story regarding the move from someones own experience would be ideal.
Tony
I enjoyed "driving over lemons" by Chris Stewart, maybe a little bit dreamy now though!!

Then there has to be that Welsh Guy(Ch4 series I think) , who was gonna grow snails!!, what ever happened to him
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
I enjoyed "driving over lemons" by Chris Stewart, maybe a little bit dreamy now though!!

Then there has to be that Welsh Guy(Ch4 series I think) , who was gonna grow snails!!, what ever happened to him

He gave up on the idea in the end didnt he? Sure he ended up buying a trout farm in the borders.

Chris Stewart has also written "Parrot in the pepper tree" and "The almond blossom appreciation society"

The last book i think gives a better idea of what life can be like, but you really need to read the first 2 to understand it.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Although it was set in France (the clue is in the title) 'A Year In Provence' by Peter Mayle gives you a good idea.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:04 pm

RENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant futureRENE21 has a brilliant future

Tony

Try 'Getting to manana' by Miranda Innes.She moved from London to Andalucia.Very enjoyable & very funny!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:53 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Books or tv programs about moving to Spain

Tony
look at Amazon. there they have book reviews. Just search for Spain loads will come up.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:16 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Tony
I wouldn't buy any books as they tend to show the really romantic dream aspect of moving abroad when the reality is totally different.

I see many people struggling everyday to survive but if you can - it's a fantastic lifestyle.

The best advice is to trawl these forums which is where real people living in Spain will help you.

Mark