Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: Boat Moorings :: Spain

:: Boat Moorings :: Spain

Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:08 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default :: Boat Moorings :: Spain

Hi

Had this idea of a small Villa near the sea , Nice little 4x4 to run around in , and a small boat sitting in a small marina ready fuelled up for them lazy days fishing or cruising !!

Now is that asking to much ?
I have worked hard and anticipate that maybe have some 15 years of active quality life remainning before the Old age stuff kicks in .ie; arthritis , rheumatism , knee joints , etc etc ...

Now getting a Villa fairly easy
Getting a 4x4 easy peasy lemon squeezy
Getting a boat fairly easy peasy lemon squeezy

Getting a mooring In Mallorca , Mega Expensive !!! If you can get one at all ??
So the dream is already tainted

Then the other night i was just dozing off to the classic album " Peters and Lee ,do the Rolling stones " When it struck me !!

Being on this site and seeing and hearing peoples dreams aspirations etc , Why am i so intent on Mallorca ??

If there is a place on mainland Spain thats very similar , away from the crowds but near a nice harbour - marina i could settle for that maybe ?

So is there such a place with cheap Boat Mooring away from the crowds ?

If so where ?
And how much will fees cost ?
Furthermore does such a small safe town exist near the sea in Spain that is like Mallorca ? If so name it for me to check out
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: Boat Moorings :: Spain

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi

Had this idea of a small Villa near the sea , Nice little 4x4 to run around in , and a small boat sitting in a small marina ready fuelled up for them lazy days fishing or cruising !!

I have worked hard and anticipate that maybe have some 15 years of active quality life remainning before the Old age stuff kicks in .ie; arthritis , rheumatism , knee joints , etc etc ...

Then the other night i was just dozing off to the classic album " Peters and Lee ,do the Rolling stones " When it struck me !!

Being on this site and seeing and hearing peoples dreams aspirations etc , Why am i so intent on Mallorca ??

If there is a place on mainland Spain thats very similar , away from the crowds but near a nice harbour - marina i could settle for that maybe ?

If so where ?
Furthermore does such a small safe town exist near the sea in Spain that is like Mallorca ? If so name it for me to check out
Your wavering!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:11 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Your wavering!
Yep i am wavering badly

Even got the Turkey brochures out again
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yep i am wavering badly

Even got the Turkey brochures out again
Really?

Too many problems with the upsurge of nationalism in Turkey for me, however beautiful it is.

There are places in mainland Spain mate, but just don't forget that where ever you go, front line properties will always be big money.

Andalucia is pretty stunning mate, but very built up.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Apr 26th 2007 at 9:18 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If so where ?
Ayamonte
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Ayamonte
Too many mozzies.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Ayamonte
Actually looks promising , just viewed on google eye , good for boating but whats it like to live there ?

I like peace and quiet hate crowds ..
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Too many mozzies.
is that due to the river ?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

Really?

Too many problems with the upsurge of nationalism in Turkey for me, however beautiful it is.

There are places in mainland Spain mate, but just don't forget that where ever you go, front line properties will always be big money.

Andalucia is pretty stunning mate, but very built up.
Only due to the cheap villas and cheap living and cheap everything else and super boating

Hate the Turks
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

is that due to the river ?
Reclaimed saltmarsh I think, i used to live on Mersea island in UK and that was similar. The council used to spray the marshes sometimes.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:31 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
Reclaimed saltmarsh I think, i used to live on Mersea island in UK and that was similar. The council used to spray the marshes sometimes.
That may well be the one and only time Mersea and Ayamonte have been compared in the same sentence!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Ok thanks for that jdr

That ones of the list then, i have had experiences of that in Alcudia, Mallorca jeeez a pain for sure , by the lakes ...
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:34 pm
Straw Man.

Ok thanks for that jdr

That ones of the list then, i have had experiences of that in Alcudia, Mallorca jeeez a pain for sure , by the lakes ...
I have heard there is a new marina in Valencia mate.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

When I first came to Spain, you could get a mooring for up to 32ft inc water and elec 20 quid a week, bet its changed now though.
Attached Thumbnails :: Boat Moorings :: Spain-img_1605.jpg   :: Boat Moorings :: Spain-img_1604.jpg  
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That may well be the one and only time Mersea and Ayamonte have been compared in the same sentence!
Do you know Mersea in Essex, send oysters worldwide, its the hot water from Bradwell that does the trick. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.