Reload this Page >

Blood testing for thyroid/vitamin levels

Blood testing for thyroid/vitamin levels

Old Oct 19th 2021, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

RoseNew is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Blood testing for thyroid/vitamin levels

Hello,

Can anyone recommend how and with whom I can organise for my ex-pat relative to get blood testing (specifically to check thyroid levels/vitamin deficiencies)? Location of relative is in the South, near Lucena. He has healthcare insurance if this is relevant.
Interpretation of the results by someone English speaking would be amazing, but even if we're just given a print out of results, this would be far ahead of where we are currently.
Equally, if anyone has any warnings of clinics to steer clear from, that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 19th 2021, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blood testing for thyroid/vitamin levels

Originally Posted by RoseNew
Hello,

Can anyone recommend how and with whom I can organise for my ex-pat relative to get blood testing (specifically to check thyroid levels/vitamin deficiencies)? Location of relative is in the South, near Lucena. He has healthcare insurance if this is relevant.
Interpretation of the results by someone English speaking would be amazing, but even if we're just given a print out of results, this would be far ahead of where we are currently.
Equally, if anyone has any warnings of clinics to steer clear from, that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
If he has health insurance best place to start is the actual provider, check with them or on their website for blood tests . They should provide details of associated clinics
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoseNew
Hello,

Many thanks in advance
We have our healthcare through Aegon.
All you do is phone the nearest private hospital or clinic and ask if they accept your provider and what procedure you require.
If yes, you let them to contact the company direct with the request.
Thats how ours works anyway.

I would however take a translator with you as, even if the hospital speaks good english, they prefer to use the local language in case they make a mistake.
Our local IMED hospitals have translators you can hire (and the cost is included at most times).
Old Nov 4th 2021, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

RoseNew is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! Only just seen this, appreciated x