Black Money

Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Black Money

No, I'm not talking about the money you pay to unregistered tradesmen, or to sellers of houses. This really is Black Money, and, of course, it's a scam. You get someone approach you saying he has a large sum of money that has been stained black by a dye, and lo and behold he knows exactly what chemicals you need to clean the dye off without damaging the dye. You give him some money so he can get the chemicals, and he will share the value of the cleaned money with you.
Result, you loose whatever you gave him as you will NEVER see him again, but they seem so plausible.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:12 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Money

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, I'm not talking about the money you pay to unregistered tradesmen, or to sellers of houses. This really is Black Money, and, of course, it's a scam. You get someone approach you saying he has a large sum of money that has been stained black by a dye, and lo and behold he knows exactly what chemicals you need to clean the dye off without damaging the dye. You give him some money so he can get the chemicals, and he will share the value of the cleaned money with you.
Result, you loose whatever you gave him as you will NEVER see him again, but they seem so plausible.

Unbelievable what lengths some people will go to for a scam! Surely no-one would actually fall for this one (please tell me you didn't )
Old Mar 11th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

There's one born every minute. I find it unbelievable that anyone could fall for something like this and if they lose money then they deserve to.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 2:42 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how many people with our surname have died in car crashes in Africa leaving thousands, if not millions in a bank. The only way to access it (to help the poor starving widow and child) is to find someone with the same name with a bank account in England so the money can be transferred.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:07 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
It's amazing how many people with our surname have died in car crashes in Africa leaving thousands, if not millions in a bank. The only way to access it (to help the poor starving widow and child) is to find someone with the same name with a bank account in England so the money can be transferred.
When you get sent these scams forward them to www.419eater.com they will scam the scammers ,it also make amusing reading to see what they do .
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Hours of fun here too

http://www.419baiter.com/games.html
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
When you get sent these scams forward them to www.419eater.com they will scam the scammers ,it also make amusing reading to see what they do .
Oh brill Can't wait for the next one What a laugh!!!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful though, a lot of these scammers have been nicked in Malaga. ;-(
Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:23 pm
Popping in for a chat

Hey....I just got one!

Auditor General,
Bank of Africa.
Burkina Faso ,
West Africa Region.

Dear Friend ,
Compliment of the season,
Good day and how are you doing with your family? Hope fine. Please let this message do not be a surprise to you because i got your contact information and lay all the trust in you before i decided to disclose this confidential and successful transaction to you.I was the Accountant General and later became the Auditor General of the above mentioned financial institution in my country.
I decided to contact you over this financial transaction worth the sum of Nine Million United state Dollars ($9,000,000.) for our present future success.This is an abandoned fund that belongs to one of our bank foreign customers who died along with his entire family in Algeria Earthquake on 23 may 2003. Meanwhile i was very fortune to came across the deceased file when i was arranging the old and abandoned customers files of 2005-2006 in other to submit to the entire bank management for an official re-documentation.
Be obviously informed that it was stated in our BANKING POLICY and signed lawfully that if such fund remains unclaimed till the period of FOUR (4) years started counting from the date when the beneficiary died, the money will be transferred into the BANK TREASURY as an unclaimed fund. Besides,it is not authorized by the law guiding our bank for a citizen of Burkina Faso to make the claim of the fund.Request of you as a foreigner is necessary to apply for the claim and transfer of the fund smoothly into your reliable bank account as the Extended Relation and the Next of Kin to the deceased.
I have made inquiries about this deceased customer,and i have enough information for the success all i need is your co-operation and trust,i will guild you on how to go about it.Thanks, I expect your urgent communication,and let me know your mind. Please,if interested,get to me immediately so as to detailed you about the formalities involved in achieving success over this abandoned sum in our bank.My best regards to you and your family,

Reply Fast .
Dr Ahmed .

Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:30 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

I suppose they only need one person to fall for it to make it worthwhile. The sad thing is that the people who do are probabaly desperate and will try anything that seems to offer a lifeline.. or am I I being naive and are they just greedy ??
Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by poollounger
I suppose they only need one person to fall for it to make it worthwhile. The sad thing is that the people who do are probabaly desperate and will try anything that seems to offer a lifeline.. or am I I being naive and are they just greedy ??
If anyone falls for something like that then I really don't know what to think It is blatantly obvious that it is a scam But then I suppose some people must fall for it or they wouldn't be doing it - would they! There was a documentary on tv a couple of months back about these scams and internet cafes in Nigeria were being raided. Whole banks of computers with people posting these e-mails!

Another thing on the documentary worth noting - when disposing of a computer/laptop destroy the hard drive as the information stored in there remains there for anyone with the knowhow to retrieve. Most of the pc's disposed of in the UK end up in a breaking yard in India and the hard drives are taken elsewere and information taken from them - including banking information, passwords and other personal information. Scary isn't it!!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 6:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone falls for something like that then I really don't know what to think It is blatantly obvious that it is a scam But then I suppose some people must fall for it or they wouldn't be doing it - would they! There was a documentary on tv a couple of months back about these scams and internet cafes in Nigeria were being raided. Whole banks of computers with people posting these e-mails!

Another thing on the documentary worth noting - when disposing of a computer/laptop destroy the hard drive as the information stored in there remains there for anyone with the knowhow to retrieve. Most of the pc's disposed of in the UK end up in a breaking yard in India and the hard drives are taken elsewere and information taken from them - including banking information, passwords and other personal information. Scary isn't it!!
The BBC did a documentary about that a few months ago, went all the way to India and Malaysia and retrieved hard drives, then came back to the UK, and got all sorts of personal data from it, including bank and credit card acoounts along with passwords etc, they even knew the full details including medical ones for one family, and included full details of the children. These computers had been snet to a company who stated that hard drives would be reformatted before the computers were sent elsewhere. The original owners were somewhat annoyed it could have happened, especially when the BBC went to see tham and showed them all the info they had gained.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:42 am
Popping in for a chat

The BBC did a documentary about that a few months ago, went all the way to India and Malaysia and retrieved hard drives, then came back to the UK, and got all sorts of personal data from it, including bank and credit card acoounts along with passwords etc, they even knew the full details including medical ones for one family, and included full details of the children. These computers had been snet to a company who stated that hard drives would be reformatted before the computers were sent elsewhere. The original owners were somewhat annoyed it could have happened, especially when the BBC went to see tham and showed them all the info they had gained.

So you saw it too Mike - scary isn't it!! Really makes you think!! I'm going to smash mine up when I decide it's time for a new one!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

So you saw it too Mike - scary isn't it!! Really makes you think!! I'm going to smash mine up when I decide it's time for a new one!
Just put windows Vista on it, lol
Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

You can only get scammed with some of them, if you're greedy and expect something for nothing and then you probably deserve it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.