Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Billy-no-mates PART 2

Billy-no-mates PART 2

Old May 21st 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Billy-no-mates PART 2

Hello, thought i'd give you an update, and amuse you while i am at it

Yes we still are billy no mates. But we are starting to understand why. No, we dont smell, or have 3 arms or anything like that. But we have been told that making new friends its just to possible. period.

Both me and mr FB are english teachers and do conversation classes with groups of adults. The other day the subject was 'difficult things' and one of the cards said 'making new friends'.
Then, my students explained to me, that in the basque country, people have their own little group of mates (cuadrilla) and once its formed its closed and no new ppl may enter this group

So i asked, what if a friend from your cuadrilla meets someone and they want this new someone to join your cuadrilla? and she started shouting 'OOOH NO NO NOOO'

Also, in the same lesson but ran by mr FB his students told him that they know someone who has lived in our city for 10 years now and hasnt made ONE new friend doesnt bode well huh
And, apparently, if you go to a bar on your own, at night, ppl will think you are either
a/a freak
b/a drug addict
c/a rapist

oh and they said this with a dead straight face. ooh yes.

anyway, shocking and depressing as it is, i also found it v amusing so i thought i'd share it with you....!
comments welcome
Old May 21st 2009, 1:05 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Billy-no-mates PART 2

Hi, I can´t believe it! Did you not meet any non-Basque Spanish where you are? I´m sure they´re different.

I think Rugbymatt´s wife (yep, 1 person does like him) is Basque, he might be able to post some usefull info for you if he´s having a good day.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Hi, I can´t believe it! Did you not meet any non-Basque Spanish where you are? I´m sure they´re different.

I think Rugbymatt´s wife (yep, 1 person does like him) is Basque, he might be able to post some usefull info for you if he´s having a good day.
isnt it crazy? i guess as crazy as me not noticing it when i lived here the first time round (then again i was quite young), my point being i guess they dont realise its kind of freaky behaviour.

No we havent met anyone who is a non basque here....

Yes maybe rugbymatt can amuse us with his comments lets just hope to no get abused!

Last edited by featherbum; May 21st 2009 at 1:15 pm. Reason: spelling, ooops!
Old May 21st 2009, 4:21 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by featherbum

Yes we still are billy no mates. But we are starting to understand why. No, we dont smell, or have 3 arms or anything like that. But we have been told that making new friends its just to possible. period.

Both me and mr FB are english teachers and do conversation classes with groups of adults. The other day the subject was 'difficult things' and one of the cards said 'making new friends'.
Then, my students explained to me, that in the basque country, people have their own little group of mates (cuadrilla) and once its formed its closed and no new ppl may enter this group

So i asked, what if a friend from your cuadrilla meets someone and they want this new someone to join your cuadrilla? and she started shouting 'OOOH NO NO NOOO'

Also, in the same lesson but ran by mr FB his students told him that they know someone who has lived in our city for 10 years now and hasnt made ONE new friend doesnt bode well huh
And, apparently, if you go to a bar on your own, at night, ppl will think you are either
a/a freak
b/a drug addict
c/a rapist

oh and they said this with a dead straight face. ooh yes.

anyway, shocking and depressing as it is, i also found it v amusing so i thought i'd share it with you....!
comments welcome

Why don't you conract this man and be his friend Keep at it girl one day you will get there.
Old May 21st 2009, 4:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
If you are going to post stuff about people you narky twat, get the facts right.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:12 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
If you are going to post stuff about people you narky twat, get the facts right.
Apart from the fact that he said (yep, 1 person does like him) I do think that Jur was trying to be helpful, even if he got the facts wrong . However, what he said about you was totally out of order. And I mean that, I´m not taking the p**s.
Old May 21st 2009, 8:03 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

O Please enlighten us.

Originally Posted by jjh
Apart from the fact that he said (yep, 1 person does like him) I do think that Jur was trying to be helpful, even if he got the facts wrong . However, what he said about you was totally out of order. And I mean that, I´m not taking the p**s.
Jjh, What did I do this time. Please explain, seriously.
Old May 21st 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjh

Surely jur was being sarky/funny, and there was no need for rude language was there!
AND
stop arguing in my thread now!
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:55 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
O Please enlighten us.

Jjh, What did I do this time. Please explain, seriously.
I think I read too much in to ´if he´s having a good day´ I thought you were riling him - sorry
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:57 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Surely jur was being sarky/funny, and there was no need for rude language was there!
AND
stop arguing in my thread now!
Yep, we should get off your thread now.

Hope you do make some friends soon featherbum, it took me ages but I got there in the end. As someone said in an earlier posting (Crispy I think) , maybe try and contact that person who has been around for 10 years and see if they are the sort of person you could get along with.

Good luck to you and to Mr FB
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:26 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

I`m confused.

I no Rubymutt, no need to comment, try to hold it in and kick the dog.

You told me you were Basque.

So don`t you have family in that area, didn`t your parent`s tell you anything, don`t your parents have friends there.

Thats all rubbish, Basques are no different to anyone else, maybe a bit more different.

But there far more friendly than most area`s of Spain.

Maybe if you don`t try to make friends they`ll come to you rather than you chase them around.

Maybe try joining the many wine groups or walking groups around Donostia
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
O Please enlighten us.
Was. Had.

They are past tenses, as in used to.

Now, do you, as well as the twat want to continue this or would you like to come in to TIO and continue it there because I'm more than happy to do it here, the karma messages I get when I take you two amateurs on is great but as I said, people are getting pissed off with it.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Was. Had.

They are past tenses, as in used to.

Now, do you, as well as the twat want to continue this or would you like to come in to TIO and continue it there because I'm more than happy to do it here, the karma messages I get when I take you two amateurs on is great but as I said, people are getting pissed off with it.
Oooh, can I come and watch??
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:45 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by montgomail
Oooh, can I come and watch??
Neither of them will come, they feel safe in here, its a nice comfy place and they know there are limitations to what I can say, and besides, ONE of them has already been told off in there and they don't want a spanking.

Its always amazed me that more people don't go in there and take their personal obsessions with me in there and they stay here to try and prove to fewer posters that they are the billy big balls, they don't see how damaging it is to an already fickle audience and how pissed off people are getting of it, but I guess some guys need to prove their manhood........
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Neither of them will come, they feel safe in here, its a nice comfy place and they know there are limitations to what I can say, and besides, ONE of them has already been told off in there and they don't want a spanking.

Its always amazed me that more people don't go in there and take their personal obsessions with me in there and they stay here to try and prove to fewer posters that they are the billy big balls, they don't see how damaging it is to an already fickle audience and how pissed off people are getting of it, but I guess some guys need to prove their manhood........
As is oft quoted: "they are only pixels" ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.