Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best Wishes everyone for 2012

Best Wishes everyone for 2012

Old Jan 1st 2012, 3:29 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice
Default Re: Best Wishes everyone for 2012

Originally Posted by Lionda
Good luck and a Happy New Year to you both, moving to Spain was when our problems started, hope you have more luck, I truly wish you all the best
Thank you Lionda, we're planning as much as possible to minimise problems but I'm sure there will be lots of surprises along the way, some of them unpleasant.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:01 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Library Ticket
Thank you Lionda, we're planning as much as possible to minimise problems but I'm sure there will be lots of surprises along the way, some of them unpleasant.
Go with an open mind and as everyone on here will agree ... learn the language to the best of your ability, it will make life a lot easier. Good Luck
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just be patient with officialdom, things will get done, but it's a lot longer winded than in the UK.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:52 am
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just be patient with officialdom, things will get done, but it's a lot longer winded than in the UK.
Feliz Año Nuevo! It won't be a good one, but let's hope it won't be worse than last one.

Yes, Spanish red tape.... awful thing. I wonder if now that many funcionarios are to lose their places, that there are plans to close many repeated and useless bureaucratic steps and almost no new places are created... maybe this will translate into a faster system???

Creating jobs for funcionarios has always been a way of reducing unemployment and getting friends in good places…. Maybe this will be the end of it???
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

mique is an unknown quantity at this point

To Library Ticket, I have followed you posts and now wonder where you have decided to live in Spain. Your main criteria matched up with mine so would be interested in hearing about your choice! Thanks and Happy New year.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 5:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mique
To Library Ticket, I have followed you posts and now wonder where you have decided to live in Spain. Your main criteria matched up with mine so would be interested in hearing about your choice! Thanks and Happy New year.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 5:55 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by mique
Hi Mique, Happy New Year to you too.

We're heading for the Mar Menor area, it seems to fit our criteria of being flat, having a beautiful beach and not being populated totally by expats but having sufficient Brit support around if needed for the first couple of years. The N332 runs close to the coast with a bus service running between Alicante and Cartena for when we're too old to drive.

Although there isn't as much choice of property to rent or buy as in either northern or southern Costa Blanca we are fairly confident we will be able to find something to suit us.

The airport at San Javier is closing to commercial flights later this year but both it's replacement at Corvera and Alicante are less than 1 hours drive away.

Are you planning to move permanently or just looking for a holiday home? If moving permanently how far along are you with your plans?

Last edited by Library Ticket; Jan 2nd 2012 at 5:57 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

mique is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah! Mar Menor, I was there a couple of years ago, nice area enjoyed it but was not to keen on the very shallow sea!
I have visited Spain many times on holiday and visit with family nearly every year. I currently live in San Diego California, have done for 30 years!
As family are in UK and we visit often I was just thinking it might be nice to have a small place somewhere in Spain. But reading lots of posts here it maybe better to rent for 4-6 months at a time?
Thanks for the reply.

Hi Mique, Happy New Year to you too.

We're heading for the Mar Menor area, it seems to fit our criteria of being flat, having a beautiful beach and not being populated totally by expats but having sufficient Brit support around if needed for the first couple of years. The N332 runs close to the coast with a bus service running between Alicante and Cartena for when we're too old to drive.

Although there isn't as much choice of property to rent or buy as in either northern or southern Costa Blanca we are fairly confident we will be able to find something to suit us.

The airport at San Javier is closing to commercial flights later this year but both it's replacement at Corvera and Alicante are less than 1 hours drive away.

Are you planning to move permanently or just looking for a holiday home? If moving permanently how far along are you with your plans?