Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best state schools in Marbella and allocation process

Best state schools in Marbella and allocation process

Old Mar 30th 2019, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

New2marb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best state schools in Marbella and allocation process

Hi, I’m relocating to Marbella with my 10 year old daughter I am keen to get her into a state school soon. We are currently located in Nueva Andulucia.

So far I’m very interested in Colegio Bilingüe La Latina, is there anyone here who has personal knowledge of this school?
Her Spanish isn’t great yet so we are looking for bilingual schools or schools who have a good system of integrating non Spanish speaking children. I’m very keen to hear the experiences of other ex/pat parents who have put their children into Spanish state school at a similar age (10 years old).

We have looked at international schools, Laude San Pedro, Aloha College, BSM etc and we are happy to enrol her into one if the state school route is too difficult for her to adjust to

My main questions are:

- what are the best state schools in Marbella? I’d love to hear from parents who have personal experience of the schools)

- How do/did your children adjust at the school- having limited limited Spanish.

- what is the exact process of enrolment to state schools, I know you are allocated a school where you register onto the Pardon? Can you view/visit state schools before allocation?

- is the allocation of a school based on address and catchment area?

Thanks in advance!
Steph
Old Apr 1st 2019, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best state schools in Marbella and allocation process

If you do not hear any responses soon, you may need to go on to other expat Spain forums or an Andalusia forum. There does not appear to be any recent info on the search either. Good luck