Best SIM card

Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

redscouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best SIM card

What is the best local SIM card to use in Spain for calls in Spain?

many thanks
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:41 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best SIM card

yoigo.com is worth considering, shop located in Calle Hermano Amparo, Ayamonte
Old Sep 14th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

cleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by redscouse
What is the best local SIM card to use in Spain for calls in Spain?

many thanks
I believe the SIM that I use is NOT the best for you but I'll mention anyway that I use Lebara for cheaper calls back to the UK. I think it's not so cheap for calls within Spain compared to other PAYG SIMs.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 6:40 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverdic
I believe the SIM that I use is NOT the best for you but I'll mention anyway that I use Lebara for cheaper calls back to the UK. I think it's not so cheap for calls within Spain compared to other PAYG SIMs.
FYI. The EU will be implementing a no roaming charge within the EU. So same price calls in the EU wherever you are .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24056369. Will happen in 2 phases 2014 for incoming and 2016 for all

Jon
Old Sep 15th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
FYI. The EU will be implementing a no roaming charge within the EU. So same price calls in the EU wherever you are .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24056369. Will happen in 2 phases 2014 for incoming and 2016 for all

Jon
'3' have already ditched roaming where they have partners in Europe. Sadly not France and Spain. Others are expected to follow soon. In the meantime www.europasim.com has some tie up with Vodafone can be used in most of Europe. 3euros per day only charged on days used for 500mb data if you go over it just slows down. I guess it will be more expensive than a local sim but transportable around Europe might be of use to some people.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

cleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by olivia
'3' have already ditched roaming where they have partners in Europe. Sadly not France and Spain. Others are expected to follow soon. In the meantime www.europasim.com has some tie up with Vodafone can be used in most of Europe. 3euros per day only charged on days used for 500mb data if you go over it just slows down. I guess it will be more expensive than a local sim but transportable around Europe might be of use to some people.
Blimey, they want 39 euros just for the SIM card before any charges. Doesn't look a cheap option. Probably only useful for people that really spend a lot of time travelling to many countries.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Blimey, they want 39 euros just for the SIM card before any charges. Doesn't look a cheap option. Probably only useful for people that really spend a lot of time travelling to many countries.
The Lebara sim might be free but it isn't cheap to use. Lebara charge 45p per MB against 500 MB for 3euros which includes 25mins each way calling and more than enough texts for me. Soon saves the cost of the sim which does come with 5euros credit so 34 euros. We travel around a fair bit. Its the best I can find for us.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

The Lebara sim might be free but it isn't cheap to use. Lebara charge 45p per MB against 500 MB for 3euros which includes 25mins each way calling and more than enough texts for me. Soon saves the cost of the sim which does come with 5euros credit so 34 euros. We travel around a fair bit. Its the best I can find for us.
Researching this whole subject deeply, I am totally convinced there is no one best SIM deal for all uses. I never said I get a good deal on Internet with my Lebara. In my opinion, it is only good for cheap calls back to the UK from Spain, both landline and mobile.

I'm sure your expensive Europasim suggestion is great for people truly roaming all over Europe but I doubt it is a viable option for most other applications.

Just to clarify, it is a Spanish Lebara SIM I have, not a UK one.

Last edited by cleverdic; Sep 15th 2013 at 11:23 am.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Researching this whole subject deeply, I am totally convinced there is no one best SIM deal for all uses. I never said I get a good deal on Internet with my Lebara. In my opinion, it is only good for cheap calls back to the UK from Spain, both landline and mobile.

I'm sure your expensive Europasim suggestion is great for people truly roaming all over Europe but I doubt it is a viable option for most other applications.

Just to clarify, it is a Spanish Lebara SIM I have, not a UK one.
What do you pay for a call to the UK with Spanish Lebara sim?
Old Sep 15th 2013, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

What do you pay for a call to the UK with Spanish Lebara sim?
From Spain to the UK, it is 0,15€/min to Mobile and 0,05€/min to Landline but there is a 0,30€ connection Charge

However, for some time now, Lebara have been running a 100% free topup deal if you load your card with a minimum of 10€ online. This effectively halves these prices. I guess there is no guarantee that Lebara will keep this promotion going but I suspect they will for some time.

One point to be aware, Lebara will cancel the SIM if you don't topup every 6 months as I found to my cost. They will block it after 4 months and then cancel 2 months after that. I have set myself a reminder to topup every 4 months. Google calendar is great for that
Old Sep 15th 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

From Spain to the UK, it is 0,15€/min to Mobile and 0,05€/min to Landline but there is a 0,30€ connection Charge

However, for some time now, Lebara have been running a 100% free topup deal if you load your card with a minimum of 10€ online. This effectively halves these prices. I guess there is no guarantee that Lebara will keep this promotion going but I suspect they will for some time.

One point to be aware, Lebara will cancel the SIM if you don't topup every 6 months as I found to my cost. They will block it after 4 months and then cancel 2 months after that. I have set myself a reminder to topup every 4 months. Google calendar is great for that
Another for you to keep an eye on if you mainly use for calls might be www.togglemobile.co.uk. I think they use O2 network.
The 500 MB per day data for 3euros is more than worthwhile for me with europasim whilst we are out and about in Europe.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Another for you to keep an eye on if you mainly use for calls might be www.togglemobile.co.uk. I think they use O2 network.
That's an interesting find... Seems to be run by Lycamobile and also sold by Carphonewarehouse. What is attractive that it appears to provide a Spanish number whilst in Spain. Definitely one to consider. Thanks,
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:41 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The 500 MB per day data for 3euros is more than worthwhile for me with europasim whilst we are out and about in Europe.
That's interesting. I don't use 500Mb per month, let alone in one day. Does anyone use 500Mb per day?
Old Sep 15th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amideislas
That's interesting. I don't use 500Mb per month, let alone in one day. Does anyone use 500Mb per day?
I believe if you download music, listen to radio, stream video etc. you would soon use that. I have been told 2 hours Skype call with video on would use that much.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

I believe if you download music, listen to radio, stream video etc. you would soon use that. I have been told 2 hours Skype call with video on would use that much.
I also have a Carrefour Internet dongle which gives 100MB per day for 1€ +IVA.

I have it inserted into a mifi (mobile sim card wifi router device) and had it connected to 2 phones, an Ipad and a Nexus, as well as 2 kindles all by wifi. We found that with all the background activity that goes on, it would bust the 100MB limit within 2-3 hours. We were shocked at how much data is required to access some web pages. So I can easily see how 500MB could be consumed on 1 device in only a month.

Sorry to the OP, we seem to have wandered well off topic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.