Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

View Poll Results: Vote for the best golfcourses here!
Isla Canela
15.38%
El Rompido North/South
26.92%
Benamor
7.69%
Quinta do Ria/Cima
19.23%
Costa Esuri
61.54%
Castro Marim
23.08%
Bellavista
3.85%
Quinta do Vale
34.62%
Monte Rei
26.92%
Other:
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:26 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

Only one way to settle the other discusssion!

(You can pick more than one option)

Last edited by Jur; Sep 22nd 2010 at 10:31 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:36 am
Just Joined

pmcx9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best golfcourses within a 30 km.radius from Ayamonte

surely monte rei is in a totally different price bracket than costa esuri though?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:54 am
Jur

Sure it is, the poll is for all to vote for, in their opinion, the best golfcourse.

You can consider pricing, state of the course, service, views, location, challenge, boredom, food from the restaurant, whatever you fancy.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Bamba9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur
Sure it is, the poll is for all to vote for, in their opinion, the best golfcourse.

You can consider pricing, state of the course, service, views, location, challenge, boredom, food from the restaurant, whatever you fancy.
Good idea to have a poll Jur, I think with the Costa Esuri debate its really if you understand golf, BOTH courses are tough and varied dependent on the weather. I don't believe that the I've played with any single figure handicap or pro that believe that theses courses are boring, yes there are a couple of silly holes on the new course, but with a little bit of re shaping and tlc you'll have another testing challenge.

I've played many a time at Quinta Cima/Ria, the problem I have with them is that they always have too much water on the fairways and often the ball plugs, simply that course wouldn't survive in the UK as it would be water logged due to the type of land its on!! but good layouts though!!

Interesting that Olivia doesn't mention Quinta do Vale, once they get the course in top condition and get the greens and bunkers right, it will be one of the toughest tests on the Algarve. Lots of people don't rate it as they can't get round it, therefore, making it a poor course and thats why CE is so good, how many times can you play the same hole so differently ie 2nd on CE drive wedge one day and the next drive 3 iron I could go on but would probably start to bore you!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Interesting though isnt it. Esuri/Ayamonte sits right in the middle of a block of good courses from the course at Huelva Aljaraque (where the railway engine roundabouts are) through Nuevo Portil and Rompido and going on to Esuri, Isla canela and then the courses on the Portuguese side. All within good travelling distance up and down our motorway. Cant wait!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:40 am
Jur

Originally Posted by Bamba9
Good idea to have a poll Jur, I think with the Costa Esuri debate its really if you understand golf, BOTH courses are tough and varied dependent on the weather. I don't believe that the I've played with any single figure handicap or pro that believe that theses courses are boring, yes there are a couple of silly holes on the new course, but with a little bit of re shaping and tlc you'll have another testing challenge.

I've played many a time at Quinta Cima/Ria, the problem I have with them is that they always have too much water on the fairways and often the ball plugs, simply that course wouldn't survive in the UK as it would be water logged due to the type of land its on!! but good layouts though!!

Interesting that Olivia doesn't mention Quinta do Vale, once they get the course in top condition and get the greens and bunkers right, it will be one of the toughest tests on the Algarve. Lots of people don't rate it as they can't get round it, therefore, making it a poor course and thats why CE is so good, how many times can you play the same hole so differently ie 2nd on CE drive wedge one day and the next drive 3 iron I could go on but would probably start to bore you!!
Well, I have no idea about golf myself but thought it would be good to have a poll and stop people behaving like regular football hooligans.

I´m guessing that a golfcourse is a personal experience for everyone. Just agree to disagree!

Woops, realised I forgot the El Portil course! Sorry.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

christruter is on a distinguished road

Excellent idea to have a poll.

I'll go for the 2 most challenging courses: Costa Esuri (of course) and Quinto do Vale.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christruter
Excellent idea to have a poll.

I'll go for the 2 most challenging courses: Costa Esuri (of course) and Quinto do Vale.
Good to hear from you Chris, and welcome to the forum.

You might be the man to tell us what news there is (if any) about the Costa Esuri East course. Is there any chance of its reopening soon?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by A & M
Good to hear from you Chris, and welcome to the forum.

You might be the man to tell us what news there is (if any) about the Costa Esuri East course. Is there any chance of its reopening soon?
Hi. Thanks.

There should be news soon on the East Course.

As an addendum to my choice of courses: I always enjoy Benamor if I'm in the mood for shooting 59
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by christruter
Hi. Thanks.

There should be news soon on the East Course.

As an addendum to my choice of courses: I always enjoy Benamor if I'm in the mood for shooting 59
Hi Chris

Pleased to see your comments.

Steve S

PS Is that 59 on the front nine, or the back?
Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Chris

Pleased to see your comments.

Steve S

PS Is that 59 on the front nine, or the back?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Jur,
Why did you not include Islantilla in your list as it it closer than some of the others?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:33 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by pmcx9
Jur,
Why did you not include Islantilla in your list as it it closer than some of the others?
Ah, knew I forgot one, apologies! Would you vote for Islantilla?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

i have only played ria and cima.
however further to the golf deal i got earlier this week www.yourgolftravel.com have now beaten it with 3 nights HB at Islantilla golf hotel with 4 days unlimited golf at Islantilla for £119!!!!
I can never remember prices being this cheap.
So my initial question in that other thread was about Isla Canela but now I am more interested what people think of Islantilla. Its a 27 hole setup so should be more interesting over 4 days than an 18 hole track.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 4:30 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmcx9
i have only played ria and cima.
however further to the golf deal i got earlier this week www.yourgolftravel.com have now beaten it with 3 nights HB at Islantilla golf hotel with 4 days unlimited golf at Islantilla for £119!!!!
I can never remember prices being this cheap.
So my initial question in that other thread was about Isla Canela but now I am more interested what people think of Islantilla. Its a 27 hole setup so should be more interesting over 4 days than an 18 hole track.

Hi, for what it's worth, as far as I remember Islantilla, the trick is to avoid the aapartments nearly on the fairway. Never liked the course. (personal opinion).
For a good deal AND very good service, we always book with golfdelaluz.com
Never had a problem with them, and recently had to delay our departure and with no travel insurance.. no problem for them though, we just have to warn them when we can go, and they will rebook everything. We were very impressed. Look on their side under hotel + golf deals. (no connections with them).

Good booking and golf
Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.