Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best English speaking talk radio station in Spain...

Best English speaking talk radio station in Spain...

Old Mar 23rd 2021, 7:46 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Question Best English speaking talk radio station in Spain...

I have been checking this out for a while and the best I have come across is 'Talk Radio Europe'.

Talk Radio Europe home page

Radio Station schedule

Radio station playback and MP3 downloads...

There is a chap called 'Bob James' that does a daily 'Spain today' feature (15:00 - 16:00) from which you can glean useful info...

If anyone knows any other stations who cover topical issues it would be great if you could share you knowledge.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best English speaking talk radio station in Spain...

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
I have been checking this out for a while and the best I have come across is 'Talk Radio Europe'.

Radio Station schedule

There is a chap called 'Bob James' that does a daily 'Spain today' feature (15:00 - 16:00) from which you can glean useful info...

If anyone knows any other stations who cover topical issues it would be great if you could share you knowledge.
I understand the desire to listen to English radio stations in Spain but if you really want to integrate more successfully and learn the language these things are a big barrier. If you listen to radio, TV, read in English about Spain you will start to develop these things into habits which means they become comforting and hard to break. What you actually need is to develop habits and comforts involving Spanish not English. Only this week did I hear that vaccination calls are being done by phone. This will more likely mean they will speak Spanish and dont have alot of time to get through their lists so dont be surprised if they hang up on you if you cant respond- then you miss your chance!!!
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:48 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can keep you advise about how I lead my life in Spain to yourself, if you please!

This radio station I referred to covers topical issues for British living in Spain and I was curious to know if there were more.

Your reply did not respond to that query, so simply put, your reply was a complete waste of your time!

Have a nice day.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

hughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can keep you advise about how I lead my life in Spain to yourself, if you please!

This radio station I referred to covers topical issues for British living in Spain and I was curious to know if there were more.

Your reply did not respond to that query, so simply put, your reply was a complete waste of your time!

Have a nice day.
Many people move to other countries, and have to learn another language, which is very important.

That said, it doesn't mean that you have to forget, shun or erase you previous life.

learning the language does not mean that Spanish is the only language allowed. By the same reasoning, should foreigners only be allowed to eat SPANISH food, to the exclusion of Chinese, Indian and bangers and mash..

BEWARE OF THE LANGUAGE POLICE.
if a similar remark was made about certain communities living in the UK, where people hadn't mastered English after living there for years, the would be a real sh1t storm.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a nice day.
Wow you are an angry little ( integrated) elf !!
Old Mar 24th 2021, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I remember many years ago going to foreign language ( German) night school classes. The teacher said that one of the best thing to do was to find a radio/tv station (broadcasting in that language), and listen to the news. It helped a lot. Here in Spain we watch Spanish terrestrial tv ( we do not have ,nor do we desire uk sky/freeview etc programmes) However trying to listen to the news is extremely difficult given the speed at which they talk, ( you can often hear the news readers gulping for breath in between minute pauses) With one to one speaking you can at least ask the other person to slow down a little (in my experience they never do!) However I find that it can often help if information relating to local/national events are obtainable in English. My point: When it comes to important matters like health etc, both is better than none.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Best English speaking talk radio station in Spain...

Radio Station schedule

hi A.T.D You are right T.R.E is simple the best better than all the rest!!! I love to sit in the sun listening to them and through the night in bed (BBC world service)We have learnt a lot from T.R.E and still do, As recently about pension advice. I listen to or watch nothing British except T.R.E
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
I understand the desire to listen to English radio stations in Spain but if you really want to integrate more successfully and learn the language these things are a big barrier. If you listen to radio, TV, read in English about Spain you will start to develop these things into habits which means they become comforting and hard to break. What you actually need is to develop habits and comforts involving Spanish not English. Only this week did I hear that vaccination calls are being done by phone. This will more likely mean they will speak Spanish and dont have alot of time to get through their lists so dont be surprised if they hang up on you if you cant respond- then you miss your chance!!!
👍🏼