Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best Banks / Places for money exchange in Alicante / Murcia

Best Banks / Places for money exchange in Alicante / Murcia

Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Banks / Places for money exchange in Alicante / Murcia

My mate missed his chance of changing some dosh today @ 1.228 by missing the deadline of the shop.

He will be here tomorrow afternoon, I need to find somewhere 1.22+ is acceptable, Solbank today was only 1.2, you can do better at the post office, lol

I dont mind a bit of travelling if it helps a better rate, we are talking a fair wedge and it has to be done Friday really, as Monday is the 1st Sep and things need to be dealt with.

I was told Cam Bank is good and no commsions, but do you need to be there customer to get no comm ??

Do banks differ in General, he will be in Quesada tomorrow and VillaJoyasa / Benidorm Fri but banks will pollly be shut for customers when he lads.

Someon mentioned to me Benidorm inside market ??

Does this ring any bells for anyone, thanks
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Banks / Places for money exchange in Alicante / Murcia

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
My mate missed his chance of changing some dosh today @ 1.228 by missing the deadline of the shop.

He will be here tomorrow afternoon, I need to find somewhere 1.22+ is acceptable, Solbank today was only 1.2, you can do better at the post office, lol

I dont mind a bit of travelling if it helps a better rate, we are talking a fair wedge and it has to be done Friday really, as Monday is the 1st Sep and things need to be dealt with.

I was told Cam Bank is good and no commsions, but do you need to be there customer to get no comm ??

Do banks differ in General, he will be in Quesada tomorrow and VillaJoyasa / Benidorm Fri but banks will pollly be shut for customers when he lads.

Someon mentioned to me Benidorm inside market ??

Does this ring any bells for anyone, thanks
I got 1.23 on line but sounds like thats no good for him. If he's flying over and its a lot of money in retrospect maybe he should have got an online exchange with someone like Travalex maybe
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I got 1.23 on line but sounds like thats no good for him. If he's flying over and its a lot of money in retrospect maybe he should have got an online exchange with someone like Travalex maybe
No too much hassle, tried it with the muppets who sponser this site, was a total disaster, went over drawn - they were no help, at least this this way it saves all that grief.

The HIFX people caused us to not be able to use credit card at a airport, then had to stay in a hotel at alicante as we just total nightmare, Cost us about 300€ in unexpected fees and expenses and my Wife went mental - Ill never use any of them again, keep it simple for me

you can get 1.22 to pick up at anywhere but Stansted from Travelex but he has the cash in his pocket

Last edited by vamos_mi_sevilla; Aug 27th 2008 at 7:12 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
No too much hassle, tried it with the muppets who sponser this site, was a total disaster, went over dranw no help, this way it saves all that grief.

The HIFX people caused us to not be able to use credit card at a airport, then had to stay in a hotel at alicante as we just total nightmare, Ill never use any of them again, keep it simple for me
Oh ..... I've used them for years without a hitch, and when you are transferring large amounts of money it makes a huge difference

Travalex btw, you order on line and then you pick up from the airport. HIFX you normally transfer to a bank account
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh ..... I've used them for years without a hitch, and when you are transferring large amounts of money it makes a huge difference

Travalex btw, you order on line and then you pick up from the airport. HIFX you normally transfer to a bank account
Thats right but Travelex is not at Stansted which is a shame, you have Moneycorp who offer 1.19 joke rates.

HIFX money did not come through when promised, it caused the account to go overdrawn, then a stop was put on the cards, it was just a horrible horrible situation, we arrrived at alicante at 23.30 it was 1am and we had no where to stay and only the solbank cards which were on stop.

It was a total nightmare, didnt even have enough money for a taxi and had to get some other people to help us out. I never want to go through that again