benidorm

Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:08 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: benidorm

Originally Posted by elle79
the reasons probably because of the "credit crunch" like many brits for the last couple of years havent been going abroad,maybe its the same for the spanish,things have to get better they couldnt get any worse.
i will have to do plenty of research before next year,and make sure its viable,if not i'll be staying put for a couple more years.
I suspect that the situation varies just like the UK. Families hit by job losses, or fewer hours etc obviously have to economise. There again , those still in work are possibly better off, especially as interest rates on the mortgage have been low for some time now. It's almost impossible to walk around London or Oxford without hearing Spanish (or French or Italian) voices from tourists - and this in mid-winter! Obviously many are suffering and are having to bunker down, others are in a sweet spot it seems.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:40 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There are always winners and losers in a recession. I know a company which has actually increased their sales due to the low Pound. Then there are all the public sector workers etc. who are cushioned. Some areas in the UK you cannot get a restaurant booking after Thursday for Saturday. Likewise in Spain if they are not involved in tourism or construction they are probably doing OK.

I know it may seem alien to some of you but trends change, people are taking more long haul holidays and Spain is not cool anymore (except for the last two months weather)
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I know it may seem alien to some of you but trends change, people are taking more long haul holidays and Spain is not cool anymore (except for the last two months weather)
True, but the other thing about trends is that they tend to come full circle. Yes, Spain is not fashionable at the moment, but I don't see this as a long term trend. It's cheaper than places like Dubai, it is much closer to London, which before the financial crisis was taking over from New York as the world's biggest financial centre. Now with many people working from home or making a living from the internet, moving to Spain is a viable option.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:41 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
True, but the other thing about trends is that they tend to come full circle. Yes, Spain is not fashionable at the moment, but I don't see this as a long term trend. It's cheaper than places like Dubai, it is much closer to London, which before the financial crisis was taking over from New York as the world's biggest financial centre. Now with many people working from home or making a living from the internet, moving to Spain is a viable option.
and singletons dont end up in jail or being flogged for doing what nature intended,,,,,,,

Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

elle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant future

There are always winners and losers in a recession. I know a company which has actually increased their sales due to the low Pound. Then there are all the public sector workers etc. who are cushioned. Some areas in the UK you cannot get a restaurant booking after Thursday for Saturday. Likewise in Spain if they are not involved in tourism or construction they are probably doing OK.

so you dont think i should move to benidorm then lol
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:55 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian, I agree, spain will probably become flavour again. I did not like Dubai and would not consider living there....but have you seen the weather right now I didn't like Turkey but seems very popular with the bottom range of package tourists. Many are going to Egypt too. If I were to holiday in the Med in summer the Greek Islands are better for sand, sea and sun which the majority prefer, they also have some sights for the culture vultures.

I wouldn't advise anyone where to go, horses for courses. As someone posted if you are youngish I would consider Australia or New Zealand as a place to live and work.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:05 am
Just Joined

elle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant futureelle79 has a brilliant future

Adrian, I agree, spain will probably become flavour again. I did not like Dubai and would not consider living there....but have you seen the weather right now I didn't like Turkey but seems very popular with the bottom range of package tourists. Many are going to Egypt too. If I were to holiday in the Med in summer the Greek Islands are better for sand, sea and sun which the majority prefer, they also have some sights for the culture vultures.

I wouldn't advise anyone where to go, horses for courses. As someone posted if you are youngish I would consider Australia or New Zealand as a place to live and work.
i would love to live in australia but unfortunatly my husband would miss his family says it too far away
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Apparently it is not the long haul holidays that Brits are going for..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-soar-22.html
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:14 am
Just Joined

thats absolutley true,we have a caravan in north wales and i could have booked it out twice over last year,we was actually getting more p/w than we did for our villa in spain,which we have now sold.
maybe theres my answer:dont move to benidorm buy some more caravan lol
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:16 am
Banned

So say Pontins and Butlins
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:53 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Well there was a lot of talk last year about people choosing to "stayvacation" in the UK. Then we had another terrible summer, followed by a very cold winter (although I seem to remember Autumn was nice). I suspect most people who are able to take holidays will be venturing abroad again this summer.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well there was a lot of talk last year about people choosing to "stayvacation" in the UK. Then we had another terrible summer, followed by a very cold winter (although I seem to remember Autumn was nice). I suspect most people who are able to take holidays will be venturing abroad again this summer.
lets hope so
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:27 am
Just Joined

phyllis is an unknown quantity at this point

I know all competition is healthy competition, but there are quite a few quad/scooter sales in the area, Phoenix Motos in Villajoyosa is one of them, they do sell franchises though, one in Javea, Albir, Torrevieja not sure whether they have more, just thought I would let you know.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phyllis
I know all competition is healthy competition, but there are quite a few quad/scooter sales in the area, Phoenix Motos in Villajoyosa is one of them, they do sell franchises though, one in Javea, Albir, Torrevieja not sure whether they have more, just thought I would let you know.
thanks,but weve decided against the idea now we looked into it and it was just too much hassle,were now on with a new idea
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:20 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elle79
thanks,but weve decided against the idea now we looked into it and it was just too much hassle,were now on with a new idea
Good luck with whatever you have decided

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.