Reload this Page >

Benefits question

Benefits question

Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Miakoda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Benefits question

Hey all.

I have recently been given confirmation that I can export my disability benefits with me to Spain, as I am unlikely to ever make a recovery so am no great loss (Im paraphrasing obviously!)

And I am comfortable enough in Spain but I just wondered if I wanted to return to the UK - do I just tell the DWP my UK home address again and they readjust my details or do I have to do the habitual malarkey? And have my benefit suspended whilst I go through the motions?

Also can I keep seeing my UK NHS doctor now or am I not entitled to see him again?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. Also apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits question

Originally Posted by Miakoda
Hey all.

I have recently been given confirmation that I can export my disability benefits with me to Spain, as I am unlikely to ever make a recovery so am no great loss (Im paraphrasing obviously!)

And I am comfortable enough in Spain but I just wondered if I wanted to return to the UK - do I just tell the DWP my UK home address again and they readjust my details or do I have to do the habitual malarkey? And have my benefit suspended whilst I go through the motions?

Also can I keep seeing my UK NHS doctor now or am I not entitled to see him again?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. Also apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.
I'm not sure what happens when/if you go back - you would obviously have to tell them your new address - you'd best ask them if your benefit would be suspended

do you mean, can you use your UK GP while living in Spain?

the answer to that is NO - once you are resident in Spain you can't use the NHS in the UK - you need to register into the Spanish health service

if you were to return to live in the UK you would need to re-register there
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm not sure what happens when/if you go back - you would obviously have to tell them your new address - you'd best ask them if your benefit would be suspended

do you mean, can you use your UK GP while living in Spain?

the answer to that is NO - once you are resident in Spain you can't use the NHS in the UK - you need to register into the Spanish health service

if you were to return to live in the UK you would need to re-register there
Thank you so much for your response lynnxa. Thats a shame about my GP, I finally found a good one who listened and wasn't just a drug pusher! Oh well.

p.s is the mountain in your signature Montgo? If yes, Hola from Xabia
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your response lynnxa. Thats a shame about my GP, I finally found a good one who listened and wasn't just a drug pusher! Oh well.

p.s is the mountain in your signature Montgo? If yes, Hola from Xabia
that would be the one

are you in Jávea/Xàbia then?
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

that would be the one

are you in Jávea/Xàbia then?
more or less, near Javea golf course on the Benitachell road. I've got Montgo on one side and Cumbre on the other!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

more or less, near Javea golf course on the Benitachell road. I've got Montgo on one side and Cumbre on the other!
you're on the right side too then
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

you're on the right side too then
I think so too. Got to admire the mountain as it keeps some of the fiercer northern weather off our backs! Loving the mirco-climate