Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BBVA bank online access changes?

BBVA bank online access changes?

Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBVA bank online access changes?

I recently tried to access my account at BBVA online and got locked out. Still not sorted despite efforts. I've had the same EIGHT character password for some while. When I last attempted log-in, computer says NO. Passwords must be between 4 - 6 characters ???????????? Cannot be sorted online - has to be a phone call to Madrid or visit to branch next time out.

Anyone else had the same problem ?
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBVA bank online access changes?

Originally Posted by keithBT
I recently tried to access my account at BBVA online and got locked out. Still not sorted despite efforts. I've had the same EIGHT character password for some while. When I last attempted log-in, computer says NO. Passwords must be between 4 - 6 characters ???????????? Cannot be sorted online - has to be a phone call to Madrid or visit to branch next time out.

Anyone else had the same problem ?
That's a bit strange, normally passwords need to exceed 8 characters and be a mix of numbers and letters. PIN numbers are usually 4-6 numbers. I have to phone or visit a branch to change any security item too, we with Sabadell, thinks it's probably standard proceedure.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

I tried to open an on line account with BBVA as it was free to non residents. Only it was in fact impossible to do, either on the mobile or on PC and no one in any branch I called at, was prepared to help me. Now have an account with Sabadell.....on seeing this thread I am glad I was unsuccessful.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by susique
I tried to open an on line account with BBVA as it was free to non residents. Only it was in fact impossible to do, either on the mobile or on PC and no one in any branch I called at, was prepared to help me. Now have an account with Sabadell.....on seeing this thread I am glad I was unsuccessful.
+1 👍 for Sabadell. I changed over to them from BBVA a couple of years ago, the staff in Ayamonte couldn't have been more helpful, and both their online website, and mobile App are easy to use.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BobD
+1 👍 for Sabadell. I changed over to them from BBVA a couple of years ago, the staff in Ayamonte couldn't have been more helpful, and both their online website, and mobile App are easy to use.
To be honest I find their on-line site pretty antiquated and messy, compared with most UK and other Spanish banks.

Sabadell's site needs a re-vamp.