Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BBQ - cleaning and winter storage

BBQ - cleaning and winter storage

Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice
Default BBQ - cleaning and winter storage

We bought a (bloody expensive) BBQ this summer. We´ve bought a cover for it but there are rusty bits all over it. Hubby and I disagree as to what we should do. Can someone give some advice?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Inish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BBQ - cleaning and winter storage

Thats easy, take it back to the shop where you bought it.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Inish
Thats easy, take it back to the shop where you bought it.
Thanks for that!! Not!!
I was thinking more along the lines of do we oil it before we store it or would that just attract dust? Is a good seeing to with a wire brush in order?
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by culchie
Thanks for that!! Not!!
I was thinking more along the lines of do we oil it before we store it or would that just attract dust? Is a good seeing to with a wire brush in order?
I would wire brush it then give it a light coating with vegetable oil, I always used to treat my non stainless wok like that, and it always stopped rusting, and was always OK even when not used for several months.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I would wire brush it then give it a light coating with vegetable oil, I always used to treat my non stainless wok like that, and it always stopped rusting, and was always OK even when not used for several months.
Will try that, thanks for the advice