BBC1 HD

Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default BBC1 HD

Hi I just tried adding this on 10847, V, 22, 5/6 I think I got the info on here.

Its a Pace Sky digibox & a 2m dish, Nth Costa Blanca.

Anyway, it can't find it!!! Just the 24 hr itv, c4 channels which I added manually show up.

Is it the digibox or me? I haven't reset it, would this help?

Thanks in advance (The Guy if he is reading!!!).

If I need a new digibox to get the BBC1 24 hrs, what model is best & will it still get the 24hr itv & c4?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:29 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC1 HD

BBC1HD is on sky channel 143...so no need to add it to a sky box...

and you cannot add it to a sky box, as its settings are not available to input on a sky box!!!

and you need a skyhd box to receive it....a standard definition sky box iwll not be able to get HD channels...but (if you have a sky card) then ideally a SKyhd box will work - the skyhd box is good (ideal for nonsky subscription cards), but if you have a sky subscription card, then a skyhd+ box, ie one with the hard drive recording functions available, would be better...both boxes are made by Sky (formally Amstrad).

a 1.8m dish may not get bbc1 224/7 where you are, but a 2.4m dish hsouold be able to do so, if the dish is not badly sited or warped / bent, and has a nice clear line of sight.

but bbc1hd is a lot stronger signal than the SD BBC1 regions...and it will still get all the same channels you are currently getting...

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 29th 2011 at 4:31 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Hi The Guy & top advice as usual.

I'll get a Sky HD box then, just confirming I put in my Skycard & I won't lose the 24 hr avail c4 & itv then.

So I'll get BBC ITV & C4 all day & night.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 29th 2011, 10:02 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
So I'll get BBC ITV & C4 all day & night.
Nothing can be gaurenteed...just look at the weather now and how that is affecting signals...!!
you should also be able to get ITV1HD, C4HD and Five HD...so no real need to put the "irish" c4 into other channels, just use c4hd on channel 140.....and use Five HD instead of going to 105 or the one in other channels....
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:06 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Nothing can be gaurenteed...just look at the weather now and how that is affecting signals...!!
you should also be able to get ITV1HD, C4HD and Five HD...so no real need to put the "irish" c4 into other channels, just use c4hd on channel 140.....and use Five HD instead of going to 105 or the one in other channels....
nothing really changes does it
decades ago in the Indian ocean I would be sitting in the wireless room and start to hear a brief crackling noise on the radio, quick nip upstairs for a looksee, huge black cloud on the horizon with the occaisional flash of light from the lightning.
then I knew we would be in for a minimum of 7-8 hours of really bad communications and probably lose the link to london.
and that was on HF.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 7:35 am

And now with the clocks going back, if you were losing channels at say 6pm, then you will now lose them at 5pm...I always get calls about how poeple are losing channels an hour earlier than they used to be and have to remind them about this!
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Guy
And now with the clocks going back, if you were losing channels at say 6pm, then you will now lose them at 5pm...I always get calls about how poeple are losing channels an hour earlier than they used to be and have to remind them about this!
I think you all no what I would say! Not HD though
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys, & The Guy!!!

How much can you do me a HD box? I don't need Sky+ as its a rental & its another thing to go wrong.

Just a plain simple Sky HD box.

Thanks in advance - even my irish c4 cracked up last night in the storm.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:24 am

will pm you