Barcelona

Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Elly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant future
Default Barcelona

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are getting married at the end of May and looking to spend 3 days & nights in Barcelona for our honeymoon at the beginning of June, followed by a couple of weeks in our apartment. We have checked out flights and the train from Barcelona to Alicante with good results but are coming unstuck with finding a hotel to fit our requirements and are hoping that all you informative people on here could help us out from personal experience.

Due to the fact that I recently (5 weeks ago) badly broke my leg and now have a titanium rod holding my tibia together I realise that I will not be able to walk as far as I used to. Therefore we are looking for a hotel in the centre of Barcelona so that we can get to all the main sights reasonably easily. Obviously this will mean that we will be paying more for this but as it's our honeymoon we don't mind (within reason!).

If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations we would be really grateful as it is so difficult trying to choose blindly from the internet as there are so many differing opinions from guest reviews and the ones that have all positives are way out of our reach financially.

We are looking to spend around 100E per night if possible (does not have to include breakfast).

Many thanks, look forward to receiving any info.

Elly May
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:10 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona

We went to Barcelona on the train first class and would recomend that for your special occasion
We stayed in a hotel just off Plazza de Espania @ the top of Los Ramblas, but I can't remember the name.
I would recommend the city tour. Too bad about your injury, I had something similar and I would suggest by May your leg will be good as new and you will have forgotten all about it. Congratullations on the wedding

Last edited by missile; Feb 20th 2010 at 1:14 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Hotel Gaudi just of Ramblas. Make sure you book one of the fourth floor front balcony rooms.

http://www.hotelgaudibarcelona.com/

You will overlook about 10 Gaudi Chimneys like as follows on the opposite Palau Güell building , and the hotel is reasonable. We paid about €75 a night iirc. It's less than 100 mtrs from Ramblas about midway down near the market.

As said, make sure you take the bus tours and best to eat in the Gothic quarter where there are lots of little restaurants and bars

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 20th 2010 at 1:36 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Elly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant futureElly May has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by missile
We went to Barcelona on the train first class and would recomend that for your special occasion
We stayed in a hotel just off Plazza de Espania @ the top of Los Ramblas, but I can't remember the name.
I would recommend the city tour. Too bad about your injury, I had something similar and I would suggest by May your leg will be good as new and you will have forgotten all about it. Congratullations on the wedding
Thanks Missile, yes got my six week check next week so hoping that the xray will show the bones are healing (broke my fibula also but they have left that to heal by itself without any metalwork). Feels a lot better than it did but still sore mostly around my ankle area, which is where two of the screws are. They have said that the rod will stay in unless I experience serious problems with it, is this the same with you and if so do you have any problems with security at the airport??

Will have a look at hotels off the Plaza de Espana but if the name does come to you please let me know.

Thank you for your congratulations.

Elly May
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mine obviously wasn't that good then
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Try the Hotel Gaudi just of Ramblas. Make sure you book one of the fourth floor front balcony rooms.

http://www.hotelgaudibarcelona.com/

You will overlook about 10 Gaudi Chimneys like as follows on the opposite Palau Güell building , and the hotel is reasonable. We paid about €75 a night iirc. It's less than 100 mtrs from Ramblas about midway down near the market.

As said, make sure you take the bus tours and best to eat in the Gothic quarter where there are lots of little restaurants and bars

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...IMG_4875-W.jpg
Thanks Mitzy, looks really nice. Will definitely consider this one. With regard to the bus tours can you just get on and off (like the ones in Madrid) and do you buy the tickets before hand or once you get on.

Thanks for your help.

Elly May
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mine obviously wasn't that good then
Oooh, sorry, I was just replying to your post.....
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Booking.com is another site also you pay once you get there.
Hope you have a lovely time x
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Elly May
Thanks Mitzy, looks really nice. Will definitely consider this one. With regard to the bus tours can you just get on and off (like the ones in Madrid) and do you buy the tickets before hand or once you get on.

Thanks for your help.

Elly May
Buy the two day ticket, which will take you on the red route and the blue route. You buy the tickets at the Plaza de Espana at the top of the ramblas where the busses actually stop.

Make sure you go to Gaudi's house (unmissable)and stop off at the park Guell as well
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missbad
Booking.com is another site also you pay once you get there.
Hope you have a lovely time x
Thank you missbad, we certainly hope we do, looking forward to it. Yes, will try that site.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:50 pm
Senior Moment

Gaudi's house

Park

Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Buy the two day ticket, which will take you on the red route and the blue route. You buy the tickets at the Plaza de Espana at the top of the ramblas where the busses actually stop.

Make sure you go to Gaudi's house (unmissable)and stop off at the park Guell as well
Wow, those pictures of Gaudi's house are amazing, can't wait to go.
Thanks Mitzy. Do some of the sights open on a Sunday as we will be there over a weekend and were hoping that we could fit in some sightseeing then?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:15 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elly May
Thanks Missile, .......... They have said that the rod will stay in unless I experience serious problems with it, is this the same with you and if so do you have any problems with security at the airport??

Elly May
They told me pretty much the same. Unfortunately it did not work out for me . They had to remove the rod and I ended up with an illizarov external fixator which I had to carry for 6+ months. Yes I do have problems at airport security
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:29 pm
Started off with nothing

The bus stops and you can get on and off where you like. Don't forget to take your camera. The bus stops at many sights including the following:
You must see La sagrada familia >

and Park Gruel>

Your hubby to be might want to see Barsa football stadium> http://www.barcelona-football-ticket...cd9dfd0e5deaa&
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

You are all confusing me here.
The plaza Catalunya was at the top of the ramblas the last time I was in Barcelona. (unless the Espanyolistas have re- named it )

The plaza Espana is closer to the sants train station.

The tourist bus does however stop in both places.

Last edited by big wheels; Feb 20th 2010 at 11:13 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.