Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Banking and PSD2

Banking and PSD2

Old Nov 18th 2019, 9:11 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Alectryon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 172
Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Banking and PSD2

I have received a communication from my bank - on my mobile - telling me of an important notification - PSD2 - but is does not tell me what - if anything - I have to do or how to do it.

Any information would be most gratefully received.. Thanks
Alectryon is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 10:11 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 131
bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Originally Posted by Alectryon View Post
I have received a communication from my bank - on my mobile - telling me of an important notification - PSD2 - but is does not tell me what - if anything - I have to do or how to do it.

Any information would be most gratefully received.. Thanks
I think it's something to do with the bank increasing security to access your online account. We had something similar with our UK bank account.
bolton wanderer is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 3:12 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Loafing Along's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,643
Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Originally Posted by Alectryon View Post
I have received a communication from my bank - on my mobile - telling me of an important notification - PSD2 - but is does not tell me what - if anything - I have to do or how to do it.

Any information would be most gratefully received.. Thanks
It is a part of an EU wide move to increase security and transparency of transactions . Normally means an extra step when you shop online etc - comes as a text message with code to be inserted at the end of the transaction. Also may be required when you access your account online having not done so for some time. Again typically a code is sent to your mobile before you can complete the log-in process.

These enhanced security measures are only part of the whole programme to do with the development of a single payment market across the EU , the process is by no means over yet. Eventually reach the stage at which any online purchase transaction you do will automatically fill your bank details for the merchant and you then carry out final verification step
Loafing Along is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 3:26 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Alectryon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 172
Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Thank you for your information. I went to my bank this morning and was told that I have to do nothing - it's very strange. I buy very little on-line so I'll just wait until the next time that I do and see what happens.
Alectryon is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 7:08 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Northampton, Uk
Posts: 37
Barriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really niceBarriej is just really nice
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Originally Posted by Loafing Along View Post
It is a part of an EU wide move to increase security and transparency of transactions . Normally means an extra step when you shop online etc - comes as a text message with code to be inserted at the end of the transaction. Also may be required when you access your account online having not done so for some time. Again typically a code is sent to your mobile before you can complete the log-in process.

These enhanced security measures are only part of the whole programme to do with the development of a single payment market across the EU , the process is by no means over yet. Eventually reach the stage at which any online purchase transaction you do will automatically fill your bank details for the merchant and you then carry out final verification step
I had the same message from Banco Santander but I cannot comply with it , as they require a Spanish mobile number. At the moment I have a non resident account as we haven't made the permanent move yet.
I asked at the Bank as was told not to worry but I should be careful if I order anything online from my Spanish account.
Barriej is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 8:28 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 131
bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Originally Posted by Barriej View Post
I had the same message from Banco Santander but I cannot comply with it , as they require a Spanish mobile number. At the moment I have a non resident account as we haven't made the permanent move yet.
I asked at the Bank as was told not to worry but I should be careful if I order anything online from my Spanish account.
Are you sure they need a Spanish mobile? I had my UK mobile paired with my Sabadell account via the sabadell app (google play). I had to verify certain operations via my mobile.
Sabadell are a good bank, if you don't mind the charges, it was only their increase to €140 per year that was the final straw for me.
bolton wanderer is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2019, 10:05 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
tebo53's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Benidorm but In a world of my own....I'm told!
Posts: 810
tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking and PSD2

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer View Post
Are you sure they need a Spanish mobile? I had my UK mobile paired with my Sabadell account via the sabadell app (google play). I had to verify certain operations via my mobile.
Sabadell are a good bank, if you don't mind the charges, it was only their increase to €140 per year that was the final straw for me.
I also have a Sabadell account and online banking. They accepted my UK mobile number. They occasionally send a code number that I need to enter to finalise a transaction.

Steve
tebo53 is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.