Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Banking Online - Phishing

Banking Online - Phishing

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:14 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Banking Online - Phishing

The Mods may put this thread somewhere else - as it's relevant to all of us I suppose.

If you bank with HSBC (and other banks) you may be sick to death of bogus emails / pretend websites / scams and online ID fraud - known as 'PHISHING' - I still cannot believe how many people fall for these things - but apparently the Fraudsters are out-witting the banks and obtaining IDs and Login details without you even knowing.

Well my UK Bank HSBC has referred it's customers to "TRUSTEER" in their fight against the Phishing Scumbags. It's a small piece of software that monitors your online logins better than a Firewall or Anti-Virus (according to the blurb )

Well I am using as recommended and have found that once installed you can monitor any site that you log-in to.

So I tried it with my 2 Spanish Banks and it works with that too. BAsically it's a Browser Plug-in that works with Internet Explorer and Firefox and is dead easy to use.

Have a look: http://www.trusteer.com/webform/download-rapport
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:28 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking Online - Phishing

I have it from another bank, just called rapport, it's good.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:27 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Natwest use it.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded it from Natwest and inastalled it. However I found that once it was running Firefox wouldn't start. Not quite true it started then was immediatly terminated. At the time I couldn't be botherd to try and figure out why so just uninstalled Rapport

Last edited by bob_day; Feb 23rd 2010 at 11:29 am. Reason: bad typo