Reload this Page >

Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:25 am
Just Joined

mikec44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Good Morning

I ned advise on the Bankers Draft Charges from my spainish bank Bankia.

I am due to ourchase an appartment in two weeks and i am told I will be charged to get a bankers draft from my Bankia account to the sellers account.

Any ideal how much and how to avoid such a charge?

All help and support most welcome?

Mike
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:56 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Originally Posted by mikec44
Good Morning

I am due to ourchase an appartment in two weeks and i am told I will be charged to get a bankers draft from my Bankia account to the sellers account.

Mike
The Spanish way is to use cash - even for VERY large amounts (I kid you not).

Otherwise, transfer the money electronically - same as in UK.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Originally Posted by mikec44
Good Morning

Mike
Yes that's right you will be charged for a Bankers Draft, our Lawyer told us to pay that way and we foolishly did.....it cost us over €300.

Pay by cash or cheque.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bankia Bankers Draft Charges

Originally Posted by megmet
Yes that's right you will be charged for a Bankers Draft, our Lawyer told us to pay that way and we foolishly did.....it cost us over €300.

Pay by cash or cheque.
I think you will find it unacceptable to the Notario to pay any other way than the bankers draft. We completed in 2005 and even then I had read about very high costs for the certified cheque from our bank Banco Popular. I went well before the due date to query the cost and I was told it would be E18 yes that is all they charged for a certified cheque for over E70,000. On the day I collected the cheque they also gave me a certificate to verify that the money had been imported legally from a verifiable source to give to the Notario to be incorporated into our Escritua.