Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bankia Ayamonte closing down

Bankia Ayamonte closing down

Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bankia Ayamonte closing down

Just had a letter from Bankia stating that due to reorganisation the Ayamonte branch will be closing. Therefore we should go to our branch
"ASAP to take care of the necessary procedures regarding your contracts"
Bit difficult as not in Spain at moment!
Also no date of when the closure is due to happen.
I assume all direct debits active on the account will still function but the "contracts" bit is a bit of a mystery.
Any ideas anyone?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bankia Ayamonte closing down

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Just had a letter from Bankia stating that due to reorganisation the Ayamonte branch will be closing. Therefore we should go to our branch
I assume all direct debits active on the account will still function but the "contracts" bit is a bit of a mystery.
Any ideas anyone?
I got a letter from Caja Granada a while back saying that they were closing the Ayamonte branch. Its already closed...(I think). They've given us free cash withdrawals from certain ATM's though.... for a while.

Sad - but to be expected, in this crisis. They have great internet banking and luckily I have all my direct debits set up. So as long as I can get my dosh from the ATM, I am hoping that the effects will be minimal. I just hope that I don't have to set up a new DD or have a problem, previously they were fantastic at helping me... now I will have to go go to Huelva, and I fear my contact previously will not be there for long

Jon
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:45 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Any ideas anyone?
Heard that branch closure is set for Oct 25th
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough

Ibercaja in Ayamonte has also closed and moved to Huelva - we didn't get any notification; just found out by chance! Luckily we bank on-line and have direct debits set up, and have had no trouble getting cash from the hole-in-the wall machines, except that now we get charged for using them!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent a message to Bankia via my online link to my account asking them that when the branch closes where will my account be transferred to. Also will the IBAN change for the account as I have to send funds to it to pay for utilities etc .
Old Sep 17th 2013, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Hi, we are not back in Ayamonte until beg October so I have just telephoned and spoke to Olga. The Ayamonte branch closes 25.10.13 and if I understood correctly will be moving to branch in Huelva. Unfortunately do not know about direct debits etc as our main bank is Solbank. Hope this may help a little bit.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Am heading over to Ayamonte tomorrow and will be calling into Bankia branch on Friday so if I have any worthwhile info I will post it here.

Regards
Martin.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Am heading over to Ayamonte tomorrow and will be calling into Bankia branch on Friday so if I have any worthwhile info I will post it here.

Regards
Martin.
Thanks Martin, much appreciated.
To date I have received no reply to my email.But then Bankia are not known for their customer service.
Would be nice to know if I have to change my IBAN details so I don't transfer money to a dead account.

Regards

Tony
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:34 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Ibercaja in Ayamonte has also closed and moved to Huelva - we didn't get any notification; just found out by chance! Luckily we bank on-line and have direct debits set up, and have had no trouble getting cash from the hole-in-the wall machines, except that now we get charged for using them!
Hi

There are several networks of cash machines in Spain; if you chose the same network as your card then you should not get charged. i.e servired, euro 6000 etc.

Davexf
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Ok. So here's the deal with Bankia. Just left the Ayamonte branch. A good few people closing their accounts. I told the the account would be allocated to a huelva branch. They were not able to give me any info on what branch or what iban number changes that may take place. Basically the branch are in the dark. This branch is one of 3 or 4 that are closing in the area. I was told that my online access should be able to facilitate any questions I had, that was in my opinion just a excuse for saying "we haven't a clue what's goin on".
Regards
Martin.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Ok. So here's the deal with Bankia. Just left the Ayamonte branch. A good few people closing their accounts. I told the the account would be allocated to a huelva branch. They were not able to give me any info on what branch or what iban number changes that may take place. Basically the branch are in the dark. This branch is one of 3 or 4 that are closing in the area. I was told that my online access should be able to facilitate any questions I had, that was in my opinion just a excuse for saying "we haven't a clue what's goin on".
Regards
Martin.
I guess the poor sods are out of work when the branches close, so completely understandable they are not motivated to go the extra mile to help the banks customers.
I have had a reply to my online enquiry.
Apparently my account is going to a branch at 6,Angel Serradilla Street, Huelva. They also state that my IBAN will change and that will be sending me a letter wih the new details.
You can also phone 902 114 015 or 91 602 46 43 if you have any queries, and will attended to in English French or German.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tony for the info.
Regards
Martin.