Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

bank requirements

bank requirements

Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

gprat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bank requirements

Hi, can anyone help me. I have an apartment in Villamartin but am not resident in Spain. my bank has told me that unless I provide
CERTIF. NEGATIVA RESIDENCIA EXPED. MINIS. INTERIOR
TARJ. IDENTIDAD EXP. MINISTERIO ASUNTOS EXTERIORES
DECLAR. DE NO RESIDENTE (DRF3)

by the end of this month they are going to freeze my account. Where can I get these please???/
Old Apr 13th 2015, 11:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bank requirements

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Spain forums. No doubt someone will be along before long to help you.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 7:29 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 14th 2015, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gprat
Hi, can anyone help me. I have an apartment in Villamartin but am not resident in Spain. my bank has told me that unless I provide
CERTIF. NEGATIVA RESIDENCIA EXPED. MINIS. INTERIOR
TARJ. IDENTIDAD EXP. MINISTERIO ASUNTOS EXTERIORES
DECLAR. DE NO RESIDENTE (DRF3)

by the end of this month they are going to freeze my account. Where can I get these please???/
We had the same from our bank - its to comply with money laundering regulations. If you can get into a local branch with your NIE, Passport and proof of the source of your income (although they accepted our word!), fill in a simple form - they will sort it out in a jiffy. At some time you will need to complete a tax domicile declaration (every 2 years apparently) Our bank did one for us there and then so we are good to go for another couple of years.
If you are not in Spain, then contact your bank and ask for the request in English as it is important that you understand exactly what is required - you could ask for an extension until you can visit or they should accept photocopies of the documents (with or without notarisation).

Last edited by MikeJ; Apr 14th 2015 at 8:01 am.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted on this the other day. I just printed of the form in English from Cajamar site. Completed signed and dated it then scanned it to the email address provided. Very simple form to complete and submit.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:01 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

What a shit bank ..... who do you use? First thing I would suggest you do on returning to Spain, is switch to another bank.

My bank sent me a more respectful letter explaining what was required and provided a copies of the form one for me and one for my wife.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It could be like my bank they did provide the means to submit it in English? Hopefully OP will clarify if this was the case for them. I became aware in a conversation on Skype with a mate living full time. I logged onto my bank account and found the info as posted by OP on the screen and a explanation of it and how to complete and submit by email if living other than in Spain. A few clicks and form printed, completed, signed scanned and emailed to them
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Fleur33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same position but live in Australia which makes life very difficult with time differences. So far, I was told by the Head Office of my bank to go to the Spanish consulate here - the Consulate have told me they can't help, even to tell me exactly what the form/s that are mentioned above is/are that I need to fill in. I have already sent them copies of passports and a form called "Declaracion de residencia a los affects de acreditar la condition de no residente" but the bank is still asking for the same as MikeJ was asked for.
The British consulate here told me to talk to a lawyer as they can't help....

Does anyone have an empty form or a web location where I can download one - or is it 3 - forms from?! I looked at the Cajamar site but couldn't find the form that bobd22 talks about.

Any help or advice gladly received!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 5:20 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

e mail you bank and ask them to send you one
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Below is an extract of the letter from our bank for clarity:

Documentation required:

If you are Self-employed or an Entrepreneur:

1. Valid ID document (ID card, NIE -Foreigner’s ID number- with photograph or Passport).
2. Justification of the turnover, which is in the last annual VAT statement summary (Tax Agency form number 390).
3. If there has not been any recent activity, you must give us your CNAE (National Classification of Economic Activities) number that is in the Taxpayers’ Tax Register declaration document submitted to the Tax Agency (Tax Agency form number 036 or 037).

If you are an Employee or have any other situation, then, in addition to handing in your valid ID document (ID card, NIE with photo or Passport), please provide the necessary information to justify the source of your funds, or return the Self-declaration available here, duly completed and signed together with a copy of your valid ID document.

I have also attached a copy of the form (Caixa/Barclay version but I'm sure they'll be acceptable if you edit out the bank name)
The original was pdf which I haven't an editor for so I converted it to word - which was accepted by the bank.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Personas_fisicas_Ingles.pdf (79.5 KB, 503 views)
File Type: doc
Barclays Declaration.doc (25.0 KB, 357 views)
Old Apr 20th 2015, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Santander asked for just residencia and passport copies. I asked three times about what was needed, they said" nothing, we have your details "
On the last enquiry, they said " oh yes you do need to provide this information"
What would they have done if my account had been frozen due to their initial responses?
Banks have had 5 years to comply with this ruling so why is there a frantic rush in the last two weeks of the month?
Old Apr 29th 2015, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice

Does this apply to non residents?

We are both UK pensioners

We have a house in Spain and pay non resident tax and have a bank account for household bills

Any thoughts please as we are in the UK until October and can find no mention of forms on the sabadell or unicaja websites

Thanks

Neil
Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is for non residents too
There is a lot of info online
You can scan and email your id to the bank
Have you looked on your bank's website?
Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I did all mine by scan and email, quite easy really.

The only thing is........... Does anyone else think this is ominous, as Spain and the UK have joined the group of countries allied to create mutual disclosure of tax and financial details of all its citizens.

Recently it was announced that passports will be scanned like at the airport, on ferries, therefore you will be tracked wherever you are.

This bodes badly for people who stay in Spain for a little over their 183 days, as extended holidaymakers and for people who are not registered in the system, but need a bank account to operate. My friend is an example of the latter, she had lived in Spain since she was 18, she is now 50 and she has never paid into either the UK or Spain, she exists with cash jobs.

So money can be tracked and people tracked, is this another example of things getting more complicated in Europe. Discuss

Regards
Al
Old Apr 30th 2015, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi
I did all mine by scan and email, quite easy really.

The only thing is........... Does anyone else think this is ominous, as Spain and the UK have joined the group of countries allied to create mutual disclosure of tax and financial details of all its citizens.

Recently it was announced that passports will be scanned like at the airport, on ferries, therefore you will be tracked wherever you are.

This bodes badly for people who stay in Spain for a little over their 183 days, as extended holidaymakers and for people who are not registered in the system, but need a bank account to operate. My friend is an example of the latter, she had lived in Spain since she was 18, she is now 50 and she has never paid into either the UK or Spain, she exists with cash jobs.

So money can be tracked and people tracked, is this another example of things getting more complicated in Europe. Discuss

Regards
Al
I don't think it has anything to do with tracking people in relation to what you mention. It is to try and prevent the criminal laundering illegal money by moving it abroad. As for your friend she is certainly one of the people they may catch up with one day. As sooner or later they will possibly by chance come to realise that she is not declaring any income in any country but obviously has some income to survive. It is one thing say paying UK tax on income and Spanish non resident on a Spanish property and spending a bit more than 6 months in your holiday home. But to evade tax in any country in these days of scrutiny is like walking a tight rope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.