Bank of Dave

Old Jul 13th 2012, 5:44 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bank of Dave

I would like to see the government give some of that £80 million to dave, but that would upset the fat cats.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bank-of-dave
Old Jul 13th 2012, 7:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank of Dave

I was hoping someone would post a thread about Dave, he was the top trending story on Twitter last night and deservedly so... the guy is an absolute genius and what he is trying to do is inspired!! Some cracking lines in the program.... "I didn't bring you a banana, we only had one in the fruit bowl"

"I ain't a ****ing credit union" as the catchphrase of the Bank.... inspired!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:37 am
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

Shame, not allowed to see the video as it is not available here. Missed the programme too 8(
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:03 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the programme, he seemed very down to earth and the idea is certainly a good one .... if it works.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I watched the programme, he seemed very down to earth and the idea is certainly a good one .... if it works.
Saw him today on Channel 4 and I am following him on Twatter, it is working and brilliantly. They are lending about 25,000 A WEEK at the moment, have literally run out of spaces to invest in the "Bank" until 2013 (There are strict laws governed by the shower of shit that is the FSA on the amount of investors in a savings and loans "bank") and so far only one person out of the thousands they have helped has defaulted. Not bad!

The banking industry is apparently not happy, the rumblings are that he is meeting certain people to try and run this out in every town in the country and the banks, who have been given billions worth of public money to do exactly the same thing but are refusing to lend to people unless they don't need it, are worried that it could undermine the very reason they were bailed out.

He said a classic thing this morning, "If a banks too big to fail then its too big to exist"

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jul 15th 2012 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:15 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Saw him today on Channel 4 and I am following him on Twatter, it is working and brilliantly. They are lending about 25,000 A WEEK at the moment, have literally run out of spaces to invest in the "Bank" until 2013 (There are struck laws governed by the shower of shit that is the FSA on the amount of investors in a savings and loans "bank") and so far only one person out of the thousands they have helped has defaulted. Not bad!

The banking industry is apparently not happy, the rumblings are that he is meeting certain people to try and run this out in every town in the country and the banks, who have been given billions worth of public money to do exactly the same thing but are refusing to lend to people unless they don't need it, are worried that it could undermine the very reason they were bailed out.

He said a classic thing this morning, "If a banks too big to fail then its too big to exist"
Oh brilliant Absolutely brilliant .... go Dave Time for a change methinks
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:09 am
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

Watched this yesterday with a friend. Think they are going to put as many obstacles as possible in his way but don´t think he is the type to let it stop him showing everyone how it should / could be done. Well done that man
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:21 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I like the concept that he is going back to traditional baking values and cutting out all the BS and double dealing we get from the current Financial Serivces "Industry".

I had the strange notion that HM Government should run Northern Rock in a similar fashion.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oh brilliant Absolutely brilliant .... go Dave Time for a change methinks
Yes I think its a great idea. I always wondered why more people didnt set up banks as its a great way to invent money

The whole point is that Dave is only loaning money that the bank actually has in savings which is key

The freedom to open a bank is key to a democratic society. If they shut it down we should revolt!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:23 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes I think its a great idea. I always wondered why more people didnt set up banks as its a great way to invent money

The whole point is that Dave is only loaning money that the bank actually has in savings which is key

The freedom to open a bank is key to a democratic society. If they shut it down we should revolt!
Anyone can open a bank and get a license from FSA .......... if they went to the right school, pass the exams and have sufficient capital i.e. a spare £10 million
Some of us are already revolting, especially on the morning after

http://www.facebook.com/BankOfDaveFans

Last edited by missile; Jul 16th 2012 at 10:44 am.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Anyone can open a bank and get a license from FSA .......... if they went to the right school, pass the exams and have sufficient capital i.e. a spare £10 million
Some of us are already revolting, especially on the morning after

http://www.facebook.com/BankOfDaveFans
Except that the FSA havent granted a licence for any new bank for over 80 years now (apparently)
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:42 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by cricketman
Except that the FSA havent granted a licence for any new bank for over 80 years now (apparently)
It is a cosy little cartel, designed to help the elite get richer. Do you really believe we live in a free democratic society?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I like the concept that he is going back to traditional baking values ...
Like using ounces instead of grammes?

I'm intrigued by this thread. I hadn't heard of this Dave bank thing, I'm gonna have to go and look it all up.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant!!!

Isn't that what building societies used to do, before they got demutualized and taken over by banks? Hope all those windfall payments their shareholders got were worth it!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:08 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Like using ounces instead of grammes? ....
As I understand it, they interview prospective buyers and lend if and when they feel appropriate. Based on trust, not some sh1te chuned out by experien and stats fed into a computer program.

Like wot banks did when I were a lad, ........... Long before the likes of Bob Diamond became more interested in ways to manipulate the system to make huge bonuses.

Last edited by missile; Jul 16th 2012 at 1:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.