Bank

Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

heinekenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank

Hello I was working in spain but had to leave country for some reasons and received my payment in cheques (Sabadell, La Caixa) months ago and my question is that does cheques have expiration time or something? Cuz i really dont want fly to spain and they'll tell me in bank that cheques are already out... Thanks for help
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank

I had a problem the other way around. Called my bank in the uk they told me to post the check to the branch and they credited it to my account. Worth a try. Call your Spanish bank and see what they say.
Pete
Old Jun 28th 2016, 5:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heinekenn
Hello I was working in spain but had to leave country for some reasons and received my payment in cheques (Sabadell, La Caixa) months ago and my question is that does cheques have expiration time or something? Cuz i really dont want fly to spain and they'll tell me in bank that cheques are already out... Thanks for help
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 29th 2016, 6:53 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

"cheques"

Haven't heard that term in a long, long time. I reckon most young bank clerks wouldn't know what that is.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
"cheques"

Haven't heard that term in a long, long time. I reckon most young bank clerks wouldn't know what that is.
Well lets hope you never get a refund from the inland revenue. Because they sent me a cheque in GB pounds to my Spanish address, and that was just last year. Could not even ask a member of my family back in UK to cash it as it was " payee only".
Pete
Old Jun 29th 2016, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heinekenn
In general cheques have a life expectancy of 6 months but... It can depend on the clerk you are dealing with.

As for the 'cheques' comment I've been paying my AMEX bill for nearly 40 years by cheque ;-)
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Well lets hope you never get a refund from the inland revenue. Because they sent me a cheque in GB pounds to my Spanish address, and that was just last year. Could not even ask a member of my family back in UK to cash it as it was " payee only".
Pete
When they had to give me a refund a couple of years ago I returned it and asked them to write another one out for my nominated person and send it to them which they did immediately.

Rosemary