Reload this Page >

Banco Sabadell commission and interests price hike

Banco Sabadell commission and interests price hike

Old Sep 27th 2022, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

SpacemanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banco Sabadell commission and interests price hike

Hi all,

Today I noticed that Banco Sabadell have changed their commissions and interest rates further. This time its now going to be 60€ per trimester. This is insanity to me!!! it had been 15€ per trimester.

Has anyone else noticed a similar increase in fees with other banks in Spain, because I am seriously considering changing bank now. I just cannot justify simply handing over 240€ euros a year for services which I certainly don't see any change or improvement in.

crazy!!!

Old Sep 27th 2022, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banco Sabadell commission and interests price hike

Originally Posted by SpacemanP
Hi all,

Today I noticed that Banco Sabadell have changed their commissions and interest rates further. This time its now going to be 60€ per trimester. This is insanity to me!!! it had been 15€ per trimester.

Has anyone else noticed a similar increase in fees with other banks in Spain, because I am seriously considering changing bank now. I just cannot justify simply handing over 240€ euros a year for services which I certainly don't see any change or improvement in.

crazy!!!
Is that a residents account or a non res one?

We are with Santander with the one account and its free, as long as we pay in €650 a month and have a couple of DD and use the debit card.
Otherwise its €20 a month for a standard account.

I doubt there is much play in all of them these days to be honest.
Old Sep 27th 2022, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been with Sabadell for about 8 years and overall am happy with the services.

I've not heard anything about changing the account service charges although, as other posters have also mentioned, our residents account is free if you meet the requirements.

Do you have a link to the official announcement please?

Steve
Old Sep 28th 2022, 7:22 am
Just Joined

SpacemanP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a residents account. But I believe this 60€ fee is happening for all people with less than 30k in their account.

There was no official announcement, myself and other people who I've seen across Twitter have all of a sudden had 60€ taken for interests and commissions.

Check your own account Steve.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a residents account. But I believe this 60€ fee is happening for all people with less than 30k in their account.

There was no official announcement, myself and other people who I've seen across Twitter have all of a sudden had 60€ taken for interests and commissions.

just checked my account and nothing taken out for bank fees. I used to pay €60 per annum but that charge was stopped when I had my UK retirement pension put directly into Sabadell account.

Steve
Old Sep 28th 2022, 7:41 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

In theory, they can't make those changes without notifying you first - go into your branch and demand they refund the charges

Like others, I have no notification so I wait to see what I will be charged
Old Sep 29th 2022, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

No notification received by me and, to date, no fees.

I did receive a notification in May regarding fees that were to be introduced but my branch assured me that they would not apply to me due to the nature of the account and the movement through it.
Old Sep 29th 2022, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

"There was no official announcement, myself and other people who I've seen across Twitter have all of a sudden had 60€ taken for interests and commissions"

Maybe their €60 was taken out for a different reason. I certainly wouldn't take anything as gospel from reading a Twitter post!!

Steve
Old Sep 30th 2022, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked as I am with Sabadell - see this:

https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Sate...1346505022/en/

Some time ago I had a charge of 80€ out of the blue - I contacted them and we agreed 0€ providing I met their T&Cs and they refunded the 80€.
Old Oct 1st 2022, 8:39 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

According to the thread on Rankia, the only place they notified people was in the bank's own secure correspondence section on the website, but even then some people weren't notified. There's an image of how to find it on page 3.

To avoid the charges it seems you need:
- a mortgage + their life insurance, or
- to be retired with less than €10K in the account

Otherwise it seems it's down to the discretion of the branch, but the idea is the more of their financial products you have, the more chance you have of not paying the commission or paying less than the full amount.

Last edited by DLC; Oct 1st 2022 at 8:49 am.
Old Oct 1st 2022, 9:21 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Just checked as I am with Sabadell - see this:

https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Sate...1346505022/en/

Some time ago I had a charge of 80€ out of the blue - I contacted them and we agreed 0€ providing I met their T&Cs and they refunded the 80€.
What are those fees at the bottom of the page? Are they trying to get rid of customers? Crazy...