Ballet Fan

Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

amelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ballet Fan

Hi,

does anyone know a good website for checking out whats on in the Costa Blanca ballet wise??

I do check the papers when i get time but i have searched online tonight for listings and either there is'nt anything on (likely) or im looking in the wrong place (also likely).

When i say Ballet i mean shows not classes!!!

Amelie
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:17 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ballet Fan

Originally Posted by amelie
Hi,

does anyone know a good website for checking out whats on in the Costa Blanca ballet wise??

I do check the papers when i get time but i have searched online tonight for listings and either there is'nt anything on (likely) or im looking in the wrong place (also likely).

When i say Ballet i mean shows not classes!!!

Amelie

Hi Amelie

Here are a couple of shows you could fit into a long weekend.One has its last day on Sunday. The nutcracker was my fav Mrs Posh and I would attend the Royal Opera House every new years eve. Expensive but worth every penny. Those of you who have never been please go and treat yourself its splendid. Anyway try these
Don Quixote
Every day
Premiere of dancer and choreographer María Giménez's version of Don Quixote starring the Arte 269 classical ballet company. Show at the Teatro de Madrid. Shows Monday to Friday 20:00, Saturday 19:00 and 22:00 and Sunday 18:00. Ticket prices range from €12 to €25. Tel: 917 405 274.

.................................................. ......
The Nutcracker
Production of Tchaikovsky's 'El Cascanueces' by the Imperial Russian Ballet at the Teatro Gran Vía. Performances Tuesday to Friday 20:30, Saturday 19:00 and 22:30 and Sunday 19:00. Tickets €30 to €42. Tel: 915 415 569.

Or a little Samba in your Ramba..................
Solarson
Every Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat From: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 To: Sunday, July 13, 2008
Cuban percussion and dance spectacular combining traditional and contemporary elements at the Teatro de Madrid. Shows 20:30 Tuesday to Saturday and 19:00 Sunday. Tickets €12 to €20. E-mail: [email protected].

Here is a very good ballet website which should help this link show a visiting company and their dates.
They are more in the area of which you live.

http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/i...hreaded&start= Good luck

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks poshnbucks!

Will keep an eye on that site from now on then, ooooooh exciting!
Have'nt been to see a ballet for 3 years! Last one was at the royal o h for summer season triple ( heaven!)

Although was hoping not to have to travel to madrid just yet!! more kinda alicante to valenica preferred.

muchas thank yous

Amelie
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:46 pm

Hi Amelie

Nice to see you visited HQ when in London. Last time I was there I managed to take a little piccy of a few Opera/Ballet Buffs waiting at the box office for returns. I don't think Ballet will never be for the masses no matter how cheap you make the tickets. Let them stand in the upper slips is what I say
Ohhhh below is a nice Uk based site that will give you all the reviews on the various Bolshoi and Kirov reviews and other company's as well. Modern ballet is not for me so I tend to give those a miss call me old fashioned. Still any form of dance will take you away from the hell it is being a Brit in Spain.....If you believe all you read on this forum. Cava eeeeeeghhhhhhh give me Louis Roederer Cristal everytime. I hate it here

http://www.ballet.co.uk/index.htm

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:35 am

Season of Ballet of Mallorca
August 18: La Sylphide

www.palmademallorca.es
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

"Last time I was there I managed to take a little piccy of a few Opera/Ballet Buffs waiting at the box office for returns."

Ha ha you crack me up!!!!

Yep, Im definitely into my classical ballet, tried with comtemporary but no chance to be honest, give me sleeping beauty any day!

Thank you very much for the links, please keep um coming if you find any more!!

I may go and see Sleeping beauty with english nat ballet in Oct if i get a chance. Birmingham R are doing beauty and the beast for their autumn season but I wont get to that one as its in wales & plymouth when im over, shame... i've not seen that one before.

amelie