Bad service

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:05 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bad service

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Went to Scallops for our fish and chips last Sunday which entails a 78 km each way trip and seriously think that we will not be so stupid again. The service is never great there (this is our third trip) but they had enough staff and few customers yet still did not manage to offer us coffee at the end of the meal or be around for us to ask for the bill.
Shame because we had looked forward to one of our few days out and they had to go and spoil it for us.Rosemary

I take your point completely Rosemary, I think this has really come to my notice since Mal and I retired and we are now on a very fixed income, before retiring we thought nothing of going having a meal and didn't really give to much thought to the service, was always willing to give benefit of the doubt. Now however when we go out I want to enjoy my self everytime and things have to be perfect for the whole event otherwise I feel let down.

We went out Tuesday evening with friends (these friends do not venture out in the evening and it has taken quite a while for them to agree) firstly we just went for a quite drink in a local bar, then a walk along the prom settling down at out fav bar on the seafront. Usual staff not there, they took the drinks order and gave us the menu, waited an age for the food order to be taken. Long story short, ordered a nightcap, (waiter by this time barely taken any notice of us) when the drinks came the 3 very expensive brandies had ICE all 4 drinks were not the usual Spanish measure we usually get, in fact I would go as far as to say the were more like ENGLISH MEASURES.

The service at this bar had been poor all evening and the drinks were the ICING on the cake for our friend, he is English but speaks perfect Spanish better in fact than his Spanish wife He called the waiter over, told him calmly about the whole customer care thing and told him what he thought about the drinks; to be told by the waiter with a very off hand manner, "If you have a problem then talk to the bloke pouring the drinks not me." and walked away. Had to wait forever to get the bill.

The really sad thing about this is we use this bar at least 3 times a week all through the year and the owner would be so upset if she knew her staff acted like this to her customers. Our friends will take ages before they venture out again in the evening and they won't want to go to this place again. I was upset because for us it is money that we have to think about spending and then to have two sulky waiters spoil the evening just upsets me.

Moan over
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
why do you sink, I wonder
Because I can't swim properly

Yes I went to the pharmacy and got what I believe to be eye drops although they could well be a medicament for piles knowing my language skills
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:14 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Because I can't swim properly

Yes I went to the pharmacy and got what I believe to be eye drops although they could well be a medicament for piles knowing my language skills
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I take your point completely Rosemary, I think this has really come to my notice since Mal and I retired and we are now on a very fixed income, before retiring we thought nothing of going having a meal and didn't really give to much thought to the service, was always willing to give benefit of the doubt. Now however when we go out I want to enjoy my self everytime and things have to be perfect for the whole event otherwise I feel let down.

We went out Tuesday evening with friends (these friends do not venture out in the evening and it has taken quite a while for them to agree) firstly we just went for a quite drink in a local bar, then a walk along the prom settling down at out fav bar on the seafront. Usual staff not there, they took the drinks order and gave us the menu, waited an age for the food order to be taken. Long story short, ordered a nightcap, (waiter by this time barely taken any notice of us) when the drinks came the 3 very expensive brandies had ICE all 4 drinks were not the usual Spanish measure we usually get, in fact I would go as far as to say the were more like ENGLISH MEASURES.

The service at this bar had been poor all evening and the drinks were the ICING on the cake for our friend, he is English but speaks perfect Spanish better in fact than his Spanish wife He called the waiter over, told him calmly about the whole customer care thing and told him what he thought about the drinks; to be told by the waiter with a very off hand manner, "If you have a problem then talk to the bloke pouring the drinks not me." and walked away. Had to wait forever to get the bill.

The really sad thing about this is we use this bar at least 3 times a week all through the year and the owner would be so upset if she knew her staff acted like this to her customers. Our friends will take ages before they venture out again in the evening and they won't want to go to this place again. I was upset because for us it is money that we have to think about spending and then to have two sulky waiters spoil the evening just upsets me.

Moan over
I strongly suggest that you talk to the owner when you see her because the staff could be losing the business a lot of custom.

Rosemary.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl

Moan over
Ice in Brandy - a travesity! I always make sure that I say No ******* ice'!

Sometimes they still do it... and I ask them to change it, and guess what they come back with chilled brandy. :curse:

Oh I love some waiters ' Salt of the Earth!'