Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Back in the U.K.

Back in the U.K.

Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back in the U.K.

Just an update, been back in the U.K. since mid January
takes a bit of getting used to but very happy.
Many thanks to all our friends still in Spain xxx
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in the U.K.

Glad to hear from you again. Did everything go smoothly for you move? Is there loads of paperwork to complete when you return and what is it that is taking a bit of getting used to?

Rosemary
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:56 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear you're settling nicely and like Rosemary, I'm curious for the same answers?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:41 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Glad to hear from you again. Did everything go smoothly for you move? Is there loads of paperwork to complete when you return and what is it that is taking a bit of getting used to?

Rosemary
No paperwork to speak of, other than registering with the Dr, registering to vote and changing your car over.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:58 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
Just an update, been back in the U.K. since mid January
takes a bit of getting used to but very happy.
Many thanks to all our friends still in Spain xxx
Nice to hear from you, hope it goes well
please keep in touch
kind regards
Dom
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

The main thing is crossing the road !!
Got some strange looks when ordering a vino rosado !!
Never signed off with the doctor, was really surprised when after 6 years the
receptionist told us we were still on the books !!
Sold the Spanish cars before we left and bought U.K. cars when we got here.
Dog registered with the vet.
Hubby has a job and i have been offered 4!! accepted 2 of them.

Hubby came over here in mid December, i sold all the stuff that we really didn't need. I had a really nice guy with a van bring me, my dog and my stuff from Javea to Pwllheli (North Wales) via the tunnel for 1,200. euros.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:42 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

The main thing is crossing the road !!
Got some strange looks when ordering a vino rosado !!
Never signed off with the doctor, was really surprised when after 6 years the receptionist told us we were still on the books !!
Sold the Spanish cars before we left and bought U.K. cars when we got here.
Dog registered with the vet.
Hubby has a job and i have been offered 4!! accepted 2 of them.

Hubby came over here in mid December, i sold all the stuff that we really didn't need. I had a really nice guy with a van bring me, my dog and my stuff from Javea to Pwllheli (North Wales) via the tunnel for 1,200. euros.
and the GP was probably gaining a sum each year for retaining you on the books even though you werent in the UK

surely there should be some checking on patients who don't make some form of contact, they may have moved to another town, county, country, planet but still the NHS keeps you on the books.
please remind me why the NHS is always short of money......
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

And......... living in Wales we don't pay for prescriptions either !!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:22 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

And......... living in Wales we don't pay for prescriptions either !!
Not fair on us here in England Welcome back to the UK .... must be 3 years since we were sat having a drink together outside Tres Amigos, doesn't seem that long Hope all goes well for you both
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Must be 3 years at least, seems like yesterday, Jean & Neil are back as well.
All the old gang back in blighty !! Calls for a reunion me thinks !!
Hope you and the family are well xx
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:07 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Must be 3 years at least, seems like yesterday, Jean & Neil are back as well.
All the old gang back in blighty !! Calls for a reunion me thinks !!
Hope you and the family are well xx
Carole is back but sadly without Ian she decided to return after he passed away. I'm still in touch with her by email. Didn't know Jean and Neil had returned.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:16 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that you're safely back in the UK and doing well.

I was looking at some photographs earlier taken at a birthday party eight years ago. There must have been a hundred people there. I can count the ones left in Spain on the fingers of two hands.

We're starting to feel a bit lonely . . .
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lionda
Carole is back but sadly without Ian she decided to return after he passed away. I'm still in touch with her by email. Didn't know Jean and Neil had returned.
Jean came back a year ago and Neil came back in November (under protest !! )