Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayuntamientos in Meltdown.

Ayuntamientos in Meltdown.

Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayuntamientos in Meltdown.

Originally Posted by megmet
Just to get an even view of things.....they have been doing that in the UK too, for several years in some instances!
Spain, UK, New York, you only need to see a nighttime satellite view of the earth to question whether even a small percentage of the lights blazing are REALLY necessary. If the ayuntamientos are in meltdown (no surprise there then) excessive lighting's an obvious - and reasonable - target. As to where else they could cut back, I can't hazard any sensible guesses that wouldn't involve speculation about backhanders, black money and so forth. There certainly doesn't seem to be an overspend in these parts on roads, rubbish, etc!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:10 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Ignoring light pollution, I may have found the answer for the cash-strapped town halls. My wife's a shopaholic and earlier this year bought a load of small, coloured solar lights for the garden from the Chinese shops for a few Euros each.

She stuck them up all over the garden and at night the whole garden is lit up like a giant spaceship.

Why don't the councils stick those things up on top of their lamp posts?

(Maybe I should have patented the idea first, before posting).
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:22 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Ignoring light pollution, I may have found the answer for the cash-strapped town halls. My wife's a shopaholic and earlier this year bought a load of small, coloured solar lights for the garden from the Chinese shops for a few Euros each.

She stuck them up all over the garden and at night the whole garden is lit up like a giant spaceship.

Why don't the councils stick those things up on top of their lamp posts?

(Maybe I should have patented the idea first, before posting).
Too late, H,

having read your post and realising what a fortune can be made, I have just faxed the Acme world wide patent office.

I will think of you everytime I get a cheque for"my" idea.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:28 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Too late, H,

having read your post and realising what a fortune can be made, I have just faxed the Acme world wide patent office.

I have a lawyer friend in Malaga, who will be very interested in these posts, and will give me a commission for copying these posts onto him.
Thank you.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Too late, H,

I must be stark raving mad, and I blame all those twinkling solar lights in my garden.

I've just googled Acme world wide patent office!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:11 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Jacky, very few people who live, or have lived in Spain recognise your descriptions. Well the ones who post that is.
Most of us know that Spain is a big country, and that lots of things are different from province to province. I can quite believe you when you stated coffee was 2 Euros in your Marbella holiday complex. It's when you try and speak as an expert on Spain (and mock others for knowing "FA about Spain") that it grates - you obviously know very little in certain areas, even if you did own your properties out there for 15 years.
As it happens most places in Madrid currently seem to charge 1.20 or 1.30 for a coffee, although I did get stung for 1.50 in Gambrinus! So I quite believe all the other posters here who state they can buy a coffee for 1 euro in their village bar.
Thankyou for your insight of Madrid on your whistle stop trip. Really useful to know there are empty bars and full ones and the price of coffee Actually price of coffee is a bit irrelevant to me as I lurve my Nespresso, I can make expresso, latte, cortado etc. and none in either country compares.

What is a marbella complex...you have never been to the CDS have you. I often wonder if you have been to Madrid except in cyber world
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:18 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

When I started this thread I wondered if anyone had noticed changes with their ayuntamiento. I have a friend who teaches infants in Estepona (another one that is bust) and she said last week that they are really struggling for the lack of teaching aids. Then there is Valencía farmacías threatening to charge the public 100% for prescriptions as the health service won't pay up. Marbella seems to be doing ok.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:21 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I often wonder if you have been to Madrid except in cyber world
You're judging me by your own standards again.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Then there is Valencía farmacías threatening to charge the public 100% for prescriptions as the health service won't pay up.
Not only Valencia unfortunately. Also reading there are big cuts in the health budget, in Catalunya doctors are talking about going on strike at the cuts, which include reusing surgical instruments. They ain't happy! Some time ago, people were telling us here how much better the Spanish banks had performed during the crisis compared with their UK counterparts, I see they are now going cap in hand to Comisión Europea asking for money, but Germany (backed by UK and a few others) have told them to sort their own debt out.
España e Italia piden más ayudas para sus bancos pero Alemania no accede.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with that Bil I just think if you really care about a place then you want to discuss the good and bad but perhaps it's just me. I also post on digital spy and there is no-one more outspoken than me about things that are wrong with the UK.

Anyway, here is the link I promised...close your eyes the ones who are easily offended Sort of backs up that the Independent wasn't exaggerating

http://www.diariosur.es/20111108/loc...111081711.html
Ask your independant rag to publish a link to all the debts the UK councils have instead of publishing Spanish ones to smoke screen the UK problems.
Oh I forgot it doesn`t matter does it, they will just print more money to cover the debt, same as the yanks.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask your independant rag to publish a link to all the debts the UK councils have instead of publishing Spanish ones to smoke screen the UK problems.
Oh I forgot it doesn`t matter does it, they will just print more money to cover the debt, same as the yanks.
isnt there at least £50m in UK councils funds still floating around in Iceland's central bank they say they may pay soon?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not only Valencia unfortunately. Also reading there are big cuts in the health budget, in Catalunya doctors are talking about going on strike at the cuts, which include reusing surgical instruments. They ain't happy! Some time ago, people were telling us here how much better the Spanish banks had performed during the crisis compared with their UK counterparts, I see they are now going cap in hand to Comisión Europea asking for money, but Germany (backed by UK and a few others) have told them to sort their own debt out.
España e Italia piden más ayudas para sus bancos pero Alemania no accede.
What would you trolls do without Google ?

PS. the language for this site is English only, not cut and paste Spanish.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
So the Independant is a rag too now along with the Mail and any other newspaper who prints something about Spain which you don't like. This is a Spanish forum...for topics about Spain.....well it should be. What do you have to gain by sweeping bad news under the carpet. Perhaps you could get into a mass burning like the muslims who don't like the truth.

PS did you see the "expert" on TV this am. who said Spain is actually in a worse position than Italy when all the indicators are studied....the lying sod
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
What would you trolls do without Google ?

PS. the language for this site is English only, not cut and paste Spanish.
He seems to have translated it for you. According to most posters on here they are fluent anyway
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:14 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to have translated it for you. According to most posters on here they are fluent anyway
There could have been a misunderstanding, maybe they meant flatulent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.