Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte to UK via Tunnel.

Ayamonte to UK via Tunnel.

Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ayamonte to UK via Tunnel.

I am sure some of you have done this trip.

I am looking for estimates of times it really takes on non toll roads.

Ease of finding pet friendly NICE overnight hotel stops.

Yes I have looks at maps and seen the suggested routes and times given. I am looking for more personal information knowledge thank you.

Two people, one dog and a diesel car
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte to UK via Tunnel.

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I am sure some of you have done this trip.

I am looking for estimates of times it really takes on non toll roads.

Ease of finding pet friendly NICE overnight hotel stops.

Yes I have looks at maps and seen the suggested routes and times given. I am looking for more personal information knowledge thank you.

Two people, one dog and a diesel car
We have done the journey many times and try to avoid tolls where possible in France. The Spanish ones are not expensive and worth the expense to cross the Pyronees. How many hours a day do you want to drive?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks for replying, was thinking of the Spanish border the first night then on to Calais. Only one driver unfortunately, made Burgos in good time the last trip we did to the ferry with the dog so thought the border was doable. The A66 shows roadwork most of the way at the moment on Google maps. How long they have been / will be is anyone's guess I suppose.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Hi and thanks for replying, was thinking of the Spanish border the first night then on to Calais. Only one driver unfortunately, made Burgos in good time the last trip we did to the ferry with the dog so thought the border was doable. The A66 shows roadwork most of the way at the moment on Google maps. How long they have been / will be is anyone's guess I suppose.
Have a look at St Jean de Luz plenty of accommodation and handy for onward journey if you think you can make that in one drive. From there Calais without tolls is a long drive. Have you tried the website via michelin? We did the journey using A62 then A66 5 weeks ago and had no delays. A good tip for France is make good use of Sunday. Lorries are not allowed to use the roads unless they have perishables on board.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

When we drive down or back ,we use the IBIS hotel chain. Lots of their hotels take dogs.You have them in your room.
We drive using the toll roads over three days.
Both ways IBIS Valladolid, and IBIS Poitiers.6 to 7 hours a day driving.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I would add that we considered driving over 2 days but 10 hours a day driving is a lot if you are not used to it.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
When we drive down or back ,we use the IBIS hotel chain. Lots of their hotels take dogs.You have them in your room.
We drive using the toll roads over three days.
Both ways IBIS Valladolid, and IBIS Poitiers.6 to 7 hours a day driving.
Same route we use campsites with the motorhome and do 5 or 6 hours driving each day. This time we didn't use the forrest toll road [Bordeaux] its expensive with the van because they measure the vehicle. We went via Dax the road was good and more interesting.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chesterfield - Derbyshire & Cabanas as often as possible!
Golfister is an unknown quantity at this point

We've done the drive Sheffield to Tavira via Eurotunnel lots of times and even using motorways, we stop three times. It's a lot of driving otherwise even for two of us! (probably not so bad if you live in the south though). We've used the Poitiers IBIS also and find it pretty good and convenient. We usually stop at the Calais Eurotunnel IBIS also on the way home which is excellent.

Another two of our favourites are Le Resinier in Le Barp and the Auberge du Bec Hellouin in Normandy - lovely places not far from the motorway and a nice change from chain hotels.