Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte September Fiesta

Ayamonte September Fiesta

Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough
Default Ayamonte September Fiesta

Hi, I have been trying to find out when the fiesta starts this year, some people have told me it's the first Sunday of Sep, some have said its the weekend of the 8th.

There is no information in the town hall or on any websites that I can see.....

Any ideas??? Many thanks
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Fresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte September Fiesta

The main fiesta day is the 8th. It is the same day every year. It is a saint day and it does not change. The 8th is a Monday this year so the fiesta will start on Friday 5th.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fresita
The main fiesta day is the 8th. It is the same day every year. It is a saint day and it does not change. The 8th is a Monday this year so the fiesta will start on Friday 5th.
Thanks for this,so it starts the 5th and ends???? is there any place that this is published as I have friends wanting to book flights.

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidpayne
Thanks for this,so it starts the 5th and ends????
I assume from Fresita's post that the fiesta lasts 4 days and ends with the main celebrations on the 8th.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I assume from Fresita's post that the fiesta lasts 4 days and ends with the main celebrations on the 8th.
It might well do , however last year im sure it went on all week....

Well it felt like it did
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Other than asking the priest, I would guess the fiesta would last for 5 days - making it a "puente"? How does a "puente" work?
So, Saturday 5th Sept til Wednesday 10th Sept. would be my guess. (The feast day is on the 8th, as mentioned above.) In 1998 (according to a google search), the 8th fell on a Tuesday, and the fiesta ran from Saturday til Wednesday.
Let us know what you find out, ok?
Carol
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
Just realised I can't count! Meant to say Sat. 6th (not the 5th) til Wed. 10th.
BTW, last year's was from Wed. 5th til Sun 9th (5 days again = another "puente").
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Fresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant future

The actual finishing day is not always the same. If the 8th. fell on a Thursday then the fiesta would probably carry on 'till the 11th. (Sunday)
(as has happened other years) and would start two days before (Tuesday 6th) so it would be nearly a week long celebration. This year as the main day is on a Monday then, going by other years, It will probably end on the Tuesday night with a few (Spanish "few" so that could be a lot or a little) stragglers hanging on 'till Wednesday night.
Before this fiesta we have Holy Week in March, Romerias in May, and Carmen in July.
All worth while seeing.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

The actual finishing day is not always the same. If the 8th. fell on a Thursday then the fiesta would probably carry on 'till the 11th. (Sunday)
(as has happened other years) and would start two days before (Tuesday 6th) so it would be nearly a week long celebration. This year as the main day is on a Monday then, going by other years, It will probably end on the Tuesday night with a few (Spanish "few" so that could be a lot or a little) stragglers hanging on 'till Wednesday night.
Before this fiesta we have Holy Week in March, Romerias in May, and Carmen in July.
All worth while seeing.
Hi not on this subject but similar. Last August our week in Ayamonte coincided with the Music Festival and we had a fantastic week - it was quite by accident. Does this happen every year and when is it happening this year? Was such a lively week with similar events happening in Villa Real also.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Yes, the International Music Festival is on every year in August. Last year it was from the 4th. - 18th. August. It will be around those dates this year.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Yes, the International Music Festival is on every year in August. Last year it was from the 4th. - 18th. August. It will be around those dates this year.
Thanks Fresita - is there usually a website?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

There isn't a web site yet but you can have a look at last years here:
http://www.festivaldeayamonte.org
As soon as they have a web site for this year I will let you know.
Hope this helps.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

There isn't a web site yet but you can have a look at last years here:
http://www.festivaldeayamonte.org
As soon as they have a web site for this year I will let you know.
Hope this helps.
Thanks - have set up an RSS Feed to keep me informed - just now need to improve my Spanish to fully understand this.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte September Fiesta

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi again,
Just realised I can't count! Meant to say Sat. 6th (not the 5th) til Wed. 10th.
BTW, last year's was from Wed. 5th til Sun 9th (5 days again = another "puente").
If Puente Esuri is bridge at esuri how come it is 5 and if the Spanish "bridge" from a Thursday or Tuesday to the weekend have they puented?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi John&Kath,
I was hoping someone (marisol?) could answer this question about "puentes", yes, bridging from one week to the next?
I'm thinking that it might be easier for people to add/ask for two days at the beginning or the end of a working week to make a full week's holiday.
Regards,
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.