Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costi Esuri - Part II

Originally Posted by sam parky
Thanks for that, Jag, she meant the world to us. The website you need is www.europeanremovals.com hope you get a decent quote. They have a depot in Spain, I think thats why they can do it a bit cheaper.

I`m in total shock about the thread, all the pictures are gone. I was only reading through it all the other day, having a laugh at some of the things like swangate and us all trying out our Spanish. Oh well, can someone please post some more photos soon. Jono, when you go out there, can you please ask about the showers in the bathrooms. Do they put them in, or do we have do fit them.

Jono, did you happen to take a note of the directions to Carrefour, as I am looking forward to my shopping trips there ( LOL )

Sam
Hi Sam,

Just having a browse back as someone mentioned you mentioning pools...if you get my meaning. Wanted to know what that was about? Then I saw you r comment about showers. I spoke to Kelly at Fadesa on Monday about this as I wasn't sure what I had seen in the show apartment *shower hose off the taps or a "proper" shower plumbed into the wall. Anyway she called Ayamonte and confirmed they will be proper showers, so I assume this will go for the townhouses as well. It's all these details that start coming to mind as we get closer isn't.
I have a friend with a place in Almeria and he has just contracted to have three aircon units supplied and fitted. Price €1400. He has been assured these are a new design and are very quiet (nothing like the hum of aircon units when you are trying to sleep!!). I've asked him to get me the spec on these and will post a thread when he gets back to me.

Andy
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Originally Posted by jean&john
hi we have bought an appartment manzana7,nucleo 13 pueblo andaluz we are both golfers it would be great to hear from any neighbours/golfers,has anyone information on type/makes of aircon units ,furntiure outlets etc thanks john

hi neighbours
we are also m7 n13 where are you from? we are still looking for furniture etc will keep in touch with any news. we were there last week and things are coming along but whether they will be finished by oct I dont know!!!!

regards steph and david
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Sam,
I have a friend with a place in Almeria and he has just contracted to have three aircon units supplied and fitted. Price €1400. He has been assured these are a new design and are very quiet (nothing like the hum of aircon units when you are trying to sleep!!). I've asked him to get me the spec on these and will post a thread when he gets back to me.

Andy
Oh my God Andy 1400euros, that is so cheap!! The lady who looks after our apartment got quotes for between 3-4500euros for us. Just dug out the invoice and we paid 3620 plus vat 4200, for 4 units plus the main thingy (can't remember it's name). Our apartment is 150sq mtrs, so had more than the minimum power ones, which were cheaper. Also we went for inverter units as they are cheaper to run, although dearer to buy. We were also lucky in that we could have the main unit situated on the roof area of the apartment block, because they are not that attractive to have sitting on your balcony. Another point to note, although I don't think it will affect any of you, is that if you havn't ordered, there can be a shortage in July/August, we had to wait until September, funny thing though, we didn't actually need it then. Having said that, we went in January, lovely sunny weather, but my God it was freezing in the apartment. We had been told that heating in the winter was more important than cooling in the summer and I didn't beleive it.
It was so cold we borrowed a couple of radiators to help the heating along quicker BUT putting the heaters on tripped the electricity, we have 5.5 supply, which I don't think is the minimum, not sure.

Tricia
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:06 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

Just having a browse back as someone mentioned you mentioning pools...if you get my meaning. Wanted to know what that was about? Then I saw you r comment about showers. I spoke to Kelly at Fadesa on Monday about this as I wasn't sure what I had seen in the show apartment *shower hose off the taps or a "proper" shower plumbed into the wall. Anyway she called Ayamonte and confirmed they will be proper showers, so I assume this will go for the townhouses as well. It's all these details that start coming to mind as we get closer isn't.

Andy
Hola Andy,
Thanks for the information on the showers. Next question, are they power showers (probably asking a bit much of Fadesa) or just normal run of the mill showers?
I`m a bit confused about the aircon units. Was that price for all 3 units or just one, and do the units do heating as well?
Regarding the pools. I was asking someone who has bought a townhouse on a different bit to us where abouts the pools were going to be. When looking at the plan there doesn`t seem to be any open spaces, so he`s going to enquire where they are going. I dont think there is anything to worry about.
We are definately getting closer, we cant wait to get out there in May and have a good look round. Does anyone know if the shop units have been bought yet, and what sort of shops they are going to be?

Sam
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:09 am
Just Joined

ncarta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Forgot to mention that my apartment is in Rago 2, bloque 12. Anybody else around that area? I can't wait to go over and play a few rounds of golf

Regards,

NCarta
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jean & John we are buying a duplex on pueblo andaluz (manzana 7, nucleo 10 ) which I believe is opposite you. I play golf and my wife is going to learn when we are settled. We are planing to live there permenently how about you? Regards Mike & Bryony.

hi we have bought an appartment manzana7,nucleo 13 pueblo andaluz we are both golfers it would be great to hear from any neighbours/golfers,has anyone information on type/makes of aircon units ,furntiure outlets etc thanks john
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Hi

we are buying in M2 N12 due for completion in June 2006. I am a golfer and my wife is learning so we both look forward to meeting other owners and the odd round of golf.

I also look forward to more information being posted on the aircon/heating units although by the time our place is ready I am sure there will be much more information from everyone who has an earlier completion date.

Cheers

JohnandCarol
Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:01 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Hi all,
I have been away from the forum and it took me about 5 mins to find it. I have set up my own real estae company here in Ayamonte so sadly I have lost the majority of the photos I took of the site over the last year or so.I will however be posting new photos on a regular basis for you all to see.
The site is coming along nicely and they have placed lamp posts along the road leading to the rago apartments. Those of you who have bought on Manz 4 5 & 6 in the townhouses section ,the tiles are on the roofs and they are plastering and tiling inside.
The weather here in Ayamonte is fantastic and we hit the 20 C so roll on the spring

Regards
Michael
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:11 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi all!

Eddie and I have just done a trip up to Bolton to visit Villapac's UK furniture showroom. If you've not seen their website (www.villapac.co.uk) they offer a choice of 5 ranges in different price brackets, plus all the usual accessories. They will also build if flatpack, make beds, plumb in washing machine, etc prior to your arrival. Needless to say there were no published prices, but our quote should be ready by next week ... I'll let you know if I fainted or not!

When we go to Ayamonte in April we are also have appointments to look at Absolute Care's furniture showroom (www.absolutecarecompany.com), Mateos Muebles (www.mueblesmateos.com) who have 2 showrooms in Ayamonte and Luis de Silva in Portugal.

We'll let you know how we get on!

Sharon
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costi Esuri - Part II

Hola Andy,
Thanks for the information on the showers. Next question, are they power showers (probably asking a bit much of Fadesa) or just normal run of the mill showers?
I`m a bit confused about the aircon units. Was that price for all 3 units or just one, and do the units do heating as well?
Regarding the pools. I was asking someone who has bought a townhouse on a different bit to us where abouts the pools were going to be. When looking at the plan there doesn`t seem to be any open spaces, so he`s going to enquire where they are going. I dont think there is anything to worry about.
We are definately getting closer, we cant wait to get out there in May and have a good look round. Does anyone know if the shop units have been bought yet, and what sort of shops they are going to be?

Sam
Hi

About the pools - when we bought in 2003, Fadesa had not planned to put pools anywhere - but as they wanted to sell to Northern Europeans they realised that communal pools were essential.

For the apartments it is quite easy for them to position the odd pool in the garden areas but with the early released townhouses/terraced houses - we were told that there wasn't the space and they would have to use the pools on the later released plots.

This was the situation back in 2003 - may have changed.

As for the aircon and heating - well worth investing in rads for the winter months (it was pretty chilly in the evenings in October !!) and in the summer the nice breeze from the ocean - ceiling fans will do fine.

Al+Kerry
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi Steph & David, It's good to know that we'll have some English neighbours. We are from Warrington in Cheshire and first visited Isla Canella six years ago; so you see we quite like the place. We last visited the site in November and they were actually working on the inside of our appartment, however we were given a December 05 release date. By they way, where are you from. Regards Jean & John
Originally Posted by david and steph
hi neighbours
we are also m7 n13 where are you from? we are still looking for furniture etc will keep in touch with any news. we were there last week and things are coming along but whether they will be finished by oct I dont know!!!!

regards steph and david
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:49 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi all!

Eddie and I have just done a trip up to Bolton to visit Villapac's UK furniture showroom. If you've not seen their website (www.villapac.co.uk) they offer a choice of 5 ranges in different price brackets, plus all the usual accessories. They will also build if flatpack, make beds, plumb in washing machine, etc prior to your arrival. Needless to say there were no published prices, but our quote should be ready by next week ... I'll let you know if I fainted or not!

When we go to Ayamonte in April we are also have appointments to look at Absolute Care's furniture showroom (www.absolutecarecompany.com), Mateos Muebles (www.mueblesmateos.com) who have 2 showrooms in Ayamonte and Luis de Silva in Portugal.

We'll let you know how we get on!

Sharon
Hi Sharon,
I wish you had said you were going to Bolton today, I was in the Trafford Centre most of the day, we could of met up for coffee and a chat about the big venture. Never mind, next time your in the area, let me know and we can meet up then. Did they give you any idea on costs for the furniture. We are more than likely taking our own things out there, Bennys tools would cost us a fortune to buy again, so we might as well move our furniture as well. But all that depends on costs. Could you let me have the address of Villpac, we might go and have a look.

Sam
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costi Esuri - Part II

Hola Andy,

Sam
Sam,

I'm certain it was for the three but I'll get all the info and post it. I believe the ones he has had fitted also provide heating, but he cautioned me about using them a sa heat unit - expensive to run. Tricia do you have a view on that? I think the whole issue of aircon needs to be looked at carefully and I take note of Tricias comments - getting what you pay for springs to mind and I have made the mistake in tha past of going for the cheaper option (invariably a BIG mistake). I reckon you can dream on with regard power showers although that would be really nice. No harm in asking though, as there may be time to get a unit fitted.

Andy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon,
I wish you had said you were going to Bolton today, I was in the Trafford Centre most of the day, we could of met up for coffee and a chat about the big venture. Never mind, next time your in the area, let me know and we can meet up then. Did they give you any idea on costs for the furniture. We are more than likely taking our own things out there, Bennys tools would cost us a fortune to buy again, so we might as well move our furniture as well. But all that depends on costs. Could you let me have the address of Villpac, we might go and have a look.

Sam
Hi

Just looking at the furniture conversations - for your info there is an IKEA on the outskirts of Seville and they deliver if required - they cant be any worse than the one in Brent Cross !!!

Al+Kerry
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Sam,

I'm certain it was for the three but I'll get all the info and post it. I believe the ones he has had fitted also provide heating, but he cautioned me about using them a sa heat unit - expensive to run. Tricia do you have a view on that? I think the whole issue of aircon needs to be looked at carefully and I take note of Tricias comments - getting what you pay for springs to mind and I have made the mistake in tha past of going for the cheaper option (invariably a BIG mistake). I reckon you can dream on with regard power showers although that would be really nice. No harm in asking though, as there may be time to get a unit fitted.

Andy
Andy,

I am very interested (or should that be worried) about the cost of heating myself. My husband was out there for 4 days a couple of weeks ago and we were out for 5 days in Jan (just before the last electric bill), so when the next one comes in I should be able to guage a cost ie 60 days bill, compare it to the last one, see how much dearer and divide it by 9, well that's my theory anyway
So far the water has varied from between 22 and 36 euros for 2 months. of which the standing charge is about 17 euros and electricity between 40 and 55 euros of which the standing charge looks to be about 13 euros. The longest period we have stayed at the apartment during one bill cycle is 8 days. It is a good idea to get a unit with a timer, so you can programme it to come on before you wake.
Don't anyone shoot me BUT considering mossies are a problem I probably wouldn't recommend leaving windows open for the breeze in the evening (although fitting mossie screens are an option) I was a bit of a demon for closing doors to and not leaving lights on so as not to attract them, coupled with some autan I'm proud to say I only got 2 bites in 8 days. My daughter on the other hand enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the evening, leaving lights and bedroom balcony door open and suffered for not heeding my advice !!

ps our unit is Toshiba, which is quite popular over there apparantly.

Tricia

Last edited by Tricia; Mar 17th 2005 at 10:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.