Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Advice needed - 1st time back in 3 yrs

Ayamonte - Advice needed - 1st time back in 3 yrs

Old Jan 16th 2022, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

tessy20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ayamonte - Advice needed - 1st time back in 3 yrs

Hello
I'm hoping some of you have been lucky enough to travel to Ayamonte recently.

I'm flying out in February from the UK landing at Faro Airport and then picking up my hire car and driving to Ayamonte.
  • Will I be stopped at the border bridge to show documentation?
  • I've had 3 Covid Jabs and have an NHS app. Do I need a specific app for Spain? Do I need one for Portugal?
  • I know I'll need country driving licenses.
  • Anything else I need?
Thanks in advance. Have to say I'm really looking forward to coming back.

If any of you are Costa Esuri residents - are there any useful to know changes?
Sue
Old Jan 17th 2022, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Advice needed - 1st time back in 3 yrs

I can only help on the Spanish part of question. You need the PLF and the easiest way to do it is on the SPTH app (search the app store) as it keeps the Covid pass on the phone. I have no idea about Android but if you're an Apple user you can upload this to the EU Covid passport app and keep it on the wallet. You'll need to carry your ID at all times as they need to cross check the QR code with your details.
You should check what restrictions are in place for the region. Up here it's masks all round and you need to show the QR code and ID to enter any bar, restaurant, cinema, gym etc.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
I can only help on the Spanish part of question. You need the PLF and the easiest way to do it is on the SPTH app (search the app store) as it keeps the Covid pass on the phone. I have no idea about Android but if you're an Apple user you can upload this to the EU Covid passport app and keep it on the wallet. You'll need to carry your ID at all times as they need to cross check the QR code with your details.
You should check what restrictions are in place for the region. Up here it's masks all round and you need to show the QR code and ID to enter any bar, restaurant, cinema, gym etc.
You will also need a passenger locator form ( use the postcode for the airport) to enter Portugal. If you have your Covid pass and locator form you are good to go but take a certified antigen test 48hr before departure chemist do these and send the result by email to your phone. We have been back and forth since December 2019 and there was only a short period that the bridge was close otherwise we cross almost daily to shop or for lunch!
Old Jan 17th 2022, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

We crossed the bridge from Spain to Portugal last night at about 20.00 Portuguese time, there were no checks and it was very quiet. Spanish were not checking their side of the bridge either.

We went straight to our local restaurant in Portugal expecting to have to show our EU vaccination passports but nobody asked.

Sorry, no idea about NHS covid passports or where they are accepted.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

I am in Jerez. A few places are asking for the Covid passport but most are not. Your NHS app will have the Q Code which can be read by the scanners just fine. You don't need any other app for it. Mask are required to enter a building as normal. I ma not quite sure on the outside bit. Some people wear them a lot do not. I never wear one and have not has the police say anything to me so I am assuming out doors its a voluntary thing again.
Old Jan 17th 2022, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Yes. Currently even after the State of Crisis having just been lifted to fly into Portugal:

You will need to complete a Portuguese PLF that has to be completed after check in and before boarding. It will produce a QR code. Given the short widow of opertunity to do this I guess the airline's have it well covered.

MORE IMPORTANTLYTravellers, regardless of their vaccination status, must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (or similar NAAT) test result. The test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before the first departure to Portugal. Alternatively, travellers can have a Laboratory​​​​ antigen test (TRAg) taken a maximum of 48 hours before departure to Portugal. Only antigen tests acceptable by the European Union Health Committee are accepted for travel. The results must be in Portuguese, French, English, Spanish, or Italian and may be presented in paper or digital format.

Best

Loco