Reload this Page >

Avoiding Double Taxation

Avoiding Double Taxation

Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

kafkaesque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Avoiding Double Taxation

Hello,
I work online over the internet and get paid in $$$. I'm moving to Spain soon, I just don't know how best to time it to cut down on the complications of double taxation.

I know the spanish tax year begins in jan (as opposed to our apr) so would it be best to go in January or in April (or after April)?

I'm aware that there is a eu wide double taxation treaty, so whatever I decide I shouldn't have to pay twice, I'm really thinking about avoiding the beurocracy
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avoiding Double Taxation

Originally Posted by kafkaesque
Hello,
I work online over the internet and get paid in $$$. I'm moving to Spain soon, I just don't know how best to time it to cut down on the complications of double taxation.

I know the spanish tax year begins in jan (as opposed to our apr) so would it be best to go in January or in April (or after April)?

I'm aware that there is a eu wide double taxation treaty, so whatever I decide I shouldn't have to pay twice, I'm really thinking about avoiding the beurocracy
I went in October, de registered in the UK, and didn't have to put a tax return in here in Spain for 14 months afterwards
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Avoiding Double Taxation

Originally Posted by kafkaesque
Hello,

Hi kafkaesque,

The concensus seems to be October because you are able to claim a full years allowances in UK and then because the differing tax year in Spain you get a full years allowances (which are lower) in Spain so you maximise allowances against earnings. However it depends on earnings I suppose you could go any time after the 7th April and the same applies.

All taxation treaties are between individual states so yes there is one between UK/Spain but that may be different to UK/France, Germany etc.

Regards,

John.