Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Autonomo question

Autonomo question

Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:54 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Autonomo question

Does anybody know what happens if you've been registered autonomo and no longer earn enough money to pay that, the accountant and the taxman – let alone utilities and living expenses. I heard it could be possible to declare no income on a monthly basis and "deregister" for that month. I will speak to my assesor but I wanted to see if I could get some helpful info before. Also, how does it affect your health care. Thanks, getting desperate now.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autonomo question

I will move this into the main Spain forum for you.

Rosemary
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:10 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I will move this into the main Spain forum for you.

Rosemary
Oops! Thanks Rosemary.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Does anybody know what happens if you've been registered autonomo and no longer earn enough money to pay that, the accountant and the taxman – let alone utilities and living expenses. I heard it could be possible to declare no income on a monthly basis and "deregister" for that month. I will speak to my assesor but I wanted to see if I could get some helpful info before. Also, how does it affect your health care. Thanks, getting desperate now.
yes you can 'baja' from autonomo - but you aren't supposed to be earning anything at all during that period

I believe (not 100%) that youget 3 months grace on healthcare
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:17 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

fargas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JnK
yes you can "deregister" but dont foget to do your anual taxes anyway, even if you have been working as an "autonomo just for one month!

if you need some more info I work as tax advisor maybe I can help you.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:41 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fargas
yes you can "deregister" but dont foget to do your anual taxes anyway, even if you have been working as an "autonomo just for one month!

if you need some more info I work as tax advisor maybe I can help you.
Thanks... I've been filing tax returns for the past few years so my asesoria will do that I guess.