Autonimo

Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

uk1357 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Autonimo

I am looking at possible ways of legally setting up as Autonimo so as to be able to join the health system (due to pre existing medical conditions, private health cover is not really an option). I have a significant private pension (but am well under state retirement age) so providing income proof would not be a problem. My question is...If I were to invest in say one or two holiday rentals, would this qualify as self employment and thus enable me to register as an Autonimo or would this be regarded as investment income?. Any other thoughts would be welcome..the issue is I do not want (or fortunately need )to have to work ( a few hours a week would be fine ). Any thoughts from the wise .....?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autonimo

the following will give you a few things to think about,

http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/43-g...mo-system.html

but you really need to speak to a Spanish legal team about this, I know of one based in the UK if you wish to PM me

rgds
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:48 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk1357
I am looking at possible ways of legally setting up as Autonimo so as to be able to join the health system (due to pre existing medical conditions, private health cover is not really an option). I have a significant private pension (but am well under state retirement age) so providing income proof would not be a problem. My question is...If I were to invest in say one or two holiday rentals, would this qualify as self employment and thus enable me to register as an Autonimo or would this be regarded as investment income?. Any other thoughts would be welcome..the issue is I do not want (or fortunately need )to have to work ( a few hours a week would be fine ). Any thoughts from the wise .....?
I have a feeling that it wouldn't work - I seem to remember that snikpoh (one if the regulars here) has various rental properties & was unable to register as autónomo because it doesn't count as self-employment

hopefully he'll see this & reply
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I have a feeling that it wouldn't work - I seem to remember that snikpoh (one if the regulars here) has various rental properties & was unable to register as autónomo because it doesn't count as self-employment

hopefully he'll see this & reply
Absolutely correct. I have a number of holiday lets and long-term lets. I asked an abogado if this would be sufficient to declare myself autonimo and the answer was - NO!

However, this may be a subjective answer - it may well be worth asking hacienda directly.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:14 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Absolutely correct. I have a number of holiday lets and long-term lets. I asked an abogado if this would be sufficient to declare myself autonimo and the answer was - NO!

However, this may be a subjective answer - it may well be worth asking hacienda directly.
I knew you wouldn't be long

I was wondering if you could maybe register as a 'property maintenance' person - or maybe you can only do that if they aren't your own properties......
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I knew you wouldn't be long

I was wondering if you could maybe register as a 'property maintenance' person - or maybe you can only do that if they aren't your own properties......
... or even a cleaner

I'm sure there must be a way around it.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... or even a cleaner

I'm sure there must be a way around it.
I bet my gestor could suggest something - he's - but wouldn't suggest anything actually illegal
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:04 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

The easiest and easiest to believe would be to set up as an English teacher, teaching private pupils from home.

It would be the best solution to your dilema.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by me me
The easiest and easiest to believe would be to set up as an English teacher, teaching private pupils from home.

It would be the best solution to your dilema.
if you teach from home it's not quite straightforward - you have to register part of the property as a business & get special insurance

best to be a mobile teacher & teach in the students' homes

the thing is - the powers that be are starting to check on this - if you are doing this you actually DO have to have some students

I have to produce invoices with my students' NIE numbers on them to keep the tax man happy
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Would the new system which will allow immigrants access to health services for a monthly payment cater for the OP's needs? It might not be much cheaper than private medical insurance, but at least it should get round the problem of pre-existing conditions, and would be cheaper than paying autonomo contributions. However, as far as I know it's still at the proposal stage and I don't know when it is likely to come into force - anyone have any more up to date information?
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:52 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Would the new system which will allow immigrants access to health services for a monthly payment cater for the OP's needs? It might not be much cheaper than private medical insurance, but at least it should get round the problem of pre-existing conditions, and would be cheaper than paying autonomo contributions. However, as far as I know it's still at the proposal stage and I don't know when it is likely to come into force - anyone have any more up to date information?
Valencia introduced this a couple of years ago and then cancelled it - I doubt it will ever take off again.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:44 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

going back to the earlier suggestion of Property Maintenance, surely if that is the work carried out by the autonomo and he places an advert in a local newspaper every couple of months then that could cover it.
would be nice to have a couple of other properties but your own
but then that would be back working again
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I think that I will go and visit a Gestor when I am next out in spain and see what they say. Failing being able to find a legal way (a good nights sleep is important to me!)then I shall just have to revert to my initial plan of spending just under 6 months a year in spain . It does seem crazy that it is so difficult though... I would have thought that Spain would welcome people who do not want to take employment, have a substantial income and are looking to bring capital into the country. I would even be happy to pay privately for a GP and my medication but dont want to risk massive hospital bills in the even of an emergeny.
Rather annoying as well when the Spanish can gain immediate access to the UKs NHS...
(or i could take up the advice that I have received from several expats to invest in their "very profitable" bars)
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk1357
Thanks to everyone for their advice. I think that I will go and visit a Gestor when I am next out in spain and see what they say. Failing being able to find a legal way (a good nights sleep is important to me!)then I shall just have to revert to my initial plan of spending just under 6 months a year in spain . It does seem crazy that it is so difficult though... I would have thought that Spain would welcome people who do not want to take employment, have a substantial income and are looking to bring capital into the country. I would even be happy to pay privately for a GP and my medication but dont want to risk massive hospital bills in the even of an emergeny.
Rather annoying as well when the Spanish can gain immediate access to the UKs NHS...
(or i could take up the advice that I have received from several expats to invest in their "very profitable" bars)
If you have a serious medical condition then any income you bring is bound to be wiped out by the medical attention you will need to receive

And its not as if you would be paying income tax. It's a big price to pay just for the VAT on your purchases
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
If you have a serious medical condition then any income you bring is bound to be wiped out by the medical attention you will need to receive

And its not as if you would be paying income tax. It's a big price to pay just for the VAT on your purchases

I didnt say it was "serious" just several pre existing conditions that unfortunately mean that insurers will not provide comprehensive cover. I entirely accept that (although unlikely), I could need to be admitted to hospital at some point but I guess that goes for any of us. I do entirely understand you concern that I could become a burden on the Spanish state though...

PS Presumably I would, as a Spanish resident be paying tax (if not on my Pension?) on my income from rentals and my other investments

Last edited by uk1357; Oct 10th 2012 at 7:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.