Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Auto movers europe

Auto movers europe

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Auto movers europe

Anyone used Auto movers europe ? I`m considering them to move a car for me ,they dont appear to be an S.L or a Ltd company so I`m a bit wary .

www.automoverseurope.com
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:11 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto movers europe

I don't have an answer to your question, but you're right to be scared of scammers. What concerns me is the site you link to, doesn't have a favicon, so could well be a quickly registered site.

http://www.autoprofessionals.com.au/...fraud-warning/
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Their ip address seems to be based in the Usa NOT Europe.

Domain Name : automoverseurope.com

ip address 208.65.202.20

Geolocation Information
State/Region: Pennsylvania
City: Greensburg

Last edited by big wheels; Jun 3rd 2011 at 3:41 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I`m even more suspicious now!!!

Any one had a car shipped to the UK satisfactorily ?who did you use?
Old Jun 5th 2011, 11:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Auto movers europe

as pointed out by Big Wheels, there is something iffy about the business
a whois check shows...
...the url was only created on 25 Oct 2010 for 2 years
...there are very big holes in the registration data
...the link you provided is full of latin "padding"
...the photos in from the front page are not what you expect from a removal company
...instead it is advertising the web design company.

the contact landline (in Almeria) does give an answerphone message telling you to contact via SMS to a Spanish mobile

caveat emptor ??

Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

scrags is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice is not to use this company under any circumstances - do not give them any bank account details - they are facing legal action to recover fraudulently taken money.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scrags
My advice is not to use this company under any circumstances - do not give them any bank account details - they are facing legal action to recover fraudulently taken money.
And how did you come the hear about this?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Personal experience, I am sorry to say, and I would not want anyone else to have the hassle which I had trying to get my money back. Obviously you have to weigh it up for yourself - others may have found the company fine, but I would not recommend them to anyone.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

And just in case you don't take my word for it have a look on this website for carstospain.com, the 2005/6 thread refers to a previous company run by <snip>, the same guy who runs Automovers. Also try googling motormania, another company run by him. Any company that changes its name that often can't be good and there is plenty on the net to suggest that <snip> and his various companies have apparently ripped off a number of people. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sue; Jun 9th 2011 at 8:29 pm. Reason: Person is not a member here, lets leave an individuals name off the main forum. Thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrags
And just in case you don't take my word for it have a look on this website for carstospain.com, the 2005/6 thread refers to a previous company run by <snip>, the same guy who runs Automovers. Also try googling motormania, another company run by him. Any company that changes its name that often can't be good and there is plenty on the net to suggest that <snip> and his various companies have apparently ripped off a number of people. Hope this helps.

I know all about this.

I suggest you dont say anything else on the forum about it, as it may damage any legal action you are taking. The person concerned I know reads Expats forums
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...arstospain.com
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I know all about this.

I suggest you dont say anything else on the forum about it, as it may damage any legal action you are taking. The person concerned I know reads Expats forums
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...arstospain.com
and guess what, he's about to read this one for I'm the one who is going to pass on the url to him being a friend of his.
Not sure if it's some personal problem you have there scrags but whatever gripe you have with Peter I have sent him plenty of customers over the years with very few problems reported back to me.

If he is such a scammer and a fraudster why would people come back as repeat customers ?...perhaps they like the idea of being serial victims
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

The person is most definitely not a scammer. I have been sending him customers for the last 6 years with quite a few obvious repeat customers. You don't find too many scammers with this sort of repeat business unless he has stumbled on some sort of masochistic group of serial victims.

As for the ip address, why does it matter where a web site is hosted. I own a retail site in the UK selling high end kitchen appliances but choose to host in the USA after my previous UK hosting company was sold and the new owners moved my site to Germany.

The latin text..seems the person in question has fallen victim to a lazy web designer who didn't take the time to check he had covered all the links from the home page. Lack of favicon also comes under the subject of lazy web designer. The link to the Australian brokerage scam is irrelevant he arranges shipments of clients cars and does not to my knowledge bring buyers and sellers of cars together. The phone number is in Marbella not in Almeria I have no problem walking into his office nr Puerto Banus and indeed have even managed to get him to prise his wallet open to pay for lunch on occasions. although I should admit this was one of my more challenging tasks.

I'd be more wary of scrag's motives who seems to have joined the forum just to air his gripes with the person's concerned one or two dissatisfied customers is hardly satisfactory evidence to label someone as a scammer if indeed you are a customer.....
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EllisG
he person is most definitely not a scammer. I have been sending him customers for the last 6 years with quite a few obvious repeat customers. You don't find too many scammers with this sort of repeat business unless he has stumbled on some sort of masochistic group of serial victims.

As for the ip address, why does it matter where a web site is hosted. I own a retail site in the UK selling high end kitchen appliances but choose to host in the USA after my previous UK hosting company was sold and the new owners moved my site to Germany.

The latin text..seems the person in question has fallen victim to a lazy web designer who didn't take the time to check he had covered all the links from the home page. Lack of favicon also comes under the subject of lazy web designer. The link to the Australian brokerage scam is irrelevant he arranges shipments of clients cars and does not to my knowledge bring buyers and sellers of cars together. The phone number is in Marbella not in Almeria I have no problem walking into his office nr Puerto Banus and indeed have even managed to get him to prise his wallet open to pay for lunch on occasions. although I should admit this was one of my more challenging tasks.

I'd be more wary of scrag's motives who seems to have joined the forum just to air his gripes with the person's concerned one or two dissatisfied customers is hardly satisfactory evidence to label someone as a scammer if indeed you are a customer.....
I would say to you however that I actually know the person in question personally, although he probably doesn't remember. I used to be managing director of an international freight company that had links with east anglia and dealt with a company called Anchor Euro Transport

Maybe enough said on this subject now, eh?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

One last thing I should perhaps mention , a friend has also just had a quote from them and asked about where the were operating from for VAT/IVA reasons, the UK or Spain? ,the reply was "we operate from Spain under the autonomo system so we dont charge IVA" and to boot his invoice did not have a NIE/CIF or any other number , anyone who is autonomo knows you have to charge IVA regardless of t/o for this type of work.......,a 50% deposit was also required guess I`ll be looking around .
Old Jun 29th 2011, 10:41 am
Just Joined

johnalber is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not ... I repeat Do Not use automovers.com and peter greene at all costs. The company he used to work at car transport europe has now been bought out by some lovely english guys, I used them recently and they were great.

peter and automovers are under investigation by the inland revenue for avoiding tax and illegally not charging vat, or sometimes charging VAT and pocketing it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.