Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Auto Leasing - Solbank

Auto Leasing - Solbank

Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of
Default Auto Leasing - Solbank

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) of the Car leasing program run by Solbank for their customers? We have been reading up on it on their website and it looks like a good deal. Have asked them for more details - small print etc - as the website is a bit sketchy but just wondered if anyone else has tried it. They are quoting 300 € a month for a Corsa and that includes Fully Comp Insurance and all maintenance incl tyres. What do you all think ?
Tony
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Leasing - Splbank

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) of the Car leasing program run by Solbank for their customers? We have been reading up on it on their website and it looks like a good deal. Have asked them for more details - small print etc - as the website is a bit sketchy but just wondered if anyone else has tried it. They are quoting 300 € a month for a Corsa and that includes Fully Comp Insurance and all maintenance incl tyres. What do you all think ?
Tony
over what term ? have you compared it with a finance quote from a Vauxhall/Opel garage here ?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony
If I was in a position to want/do this I would seriously consider it.
Depending on mileage allowance etc. you basically have trouble free motoring for the term of lease and bearing in mind you could probably be better off with a loan to buy a new vehicle, you won't have to suffer the pain of depreciation on your vehicle when you come to sell/exchange. If like most lease contracts you could probably change it for a new vehicle in a couple of years and although you won't get any money back you probably won't lose as much as if you owned it taking into account the cost of servicing/tyres etc.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
If I was in a position to want/do this I would seriously consider it.
Depending on mileage allowance etc. you basically have trouble free motoring for the term of lease and bearing in mind you could probably be better off with a loan to buy a new vehicle, you won't have to suffer the pain of depreciation on your vehicle when you come to sell/exchange. If like most lease contracts you could probably change it for a new vehicle in a couple of years and although you won't get any money back you probably won't lose as much as if you owned it taking into account the cost of servicing/tyres etc.
I think Non maintenance deal's are better, New car's rarely need them and tyres are not that expensive, maybe more on sports cars but I had a car on contract Hire and I kept extending the lease and sent it back with about 23k on and on its original tyres which were down to the metal in side but never got charged for the tyres, so well over a grand saved there, also never had it serviced, I dont think they would give me another car, lol

What is the deposit ? Is this aimed at personal customers only ?

But the point is Non-Maintenance offers more value especially on a small car.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Thanks for both of your comments. The issue with us is twofold.
1st, we will only be renting our house when we first come over and as we are new to the bank I suspect we will have problems trying to get a loan.
2nd, We were originally going to buy a new, or nearly new, car but the thought of moving that amount of cash across to Spain with the economy in the current state is worrying. Figured a good option would be to lease for the time being.
The Sol deal is for 60,000 km over 4 yrs. Can then decide if to continue with another new lease, or buy.
Just wondered whether anyone had experience of the Sol deal.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to get a new car after a few years. I've changed my mind. The roads rattle your car to bits, and kind people are going to open their car doors into you and scuff your bumpers. I'll run the one I have into the ground I think

Take care with the lease deals, as they often quote a very low annual mileage allowance
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for both of your comments. The issue with us is twofold.
1st, we will only be renting our house when we first come over and as we are new to the bank I suspect we will have problems trying to get a loan.
2nd, We were originally going to buy a new, or nearly new, car but the thought of moving that amount of cash across to Spain with the economy in the current state is worrying. Figured a good option would be to lease for the time being.
The Sol deal is for 60,000 km over 4 yrs. Can then decide if to continue with another new lease, or buy.
Just wondered whether anyone had experience of the Sol deal.
You are in much the same position as me, I cant comment for leasing in
Spain other than I kicked it off in this forum a whiole back, Its something I keep considering but Ill never do anything til I actually get there.

The whole car situation is one that probably gives me the most worries over all the other unsettled for and against arguments, Lately I have been going to a few auctions here looking for a left hooker, lateish, years ago there was plenty and they made no money, Certainly on Ebay a LHD is more value than a RHD, I dont know if a auction here would be the less or more.

Im hoping to get a met police siezed motor, its always the way when you dont want one there is loads. the other day a 2000 Reg CLK Merc Coupe went through LHD for just £2k + £200 that was cheap, I didnt have no call for that though.

Id never want to be sucked in to more than a 2 year deal myself. In the Uk the deals I had on my Vans and Cars were all Short term 6 month deals with no deposit, like 1+5 Unlimited miles etc, but I had a lot of experience in dealing with the brokers myself as I managed a car hire company once, Its been my dream to open a Car hire company in Spain, but cant see that happening, just have to plod on with this, until I see a way round it over there

Last edited by andyrich666; Mar 18th 2008 at 6:58 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Auto Leasing - Solbank

Tony
I was going to PM this to you, but I thought others might benefit from my knowledge.

Regarding the deal that the bank offered you, how the bank benefit from this is like this, the bank or any broker just gets his deals from another broker then they earn commision on the deal, now for instance say a company like http://www.athloncarlease.es has a offer as they do right now on a Corsa 1.3 CDTI for 269.95€ a month and then the Bank offers it at 300€ on a 4yr deal, the bank are likely to be paid 48x 30€, now that if in the UK would be a awful lot of commision, usually in the Uk you add a fiver or a tenner depending on the length etc

Its easy money when it comes off and I guess if they are aiming these at the UK market then you fill out the forms and they translate them and thats all they do for there commision also they have the potential customer base allready there.

I only had a quick look becuase I thought on a 4yr deal 300€ seemed expensive, is it the same car or different, its just another thing to try and compare 48x30 is £1440 a lot of dosh
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

the other day a 2000 Reg CLK Merc Coupe went through LHD for just £2k + £200 that was cheap, I didnt have no call for that though.

lol Could have been this one - would be major gutted if so, Vague description

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mercedes-clk-2...QQcmdZViewItem

I will be keeping my eye out a lot more now for a left hooker
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is a BIG country, and things like decent shops and hypermarkets are rarely 'around every corner' like they are in the UK. Just "pootling around" between the school run and the shops, we've done over 20,000km in our second hand 'main' car in four months... and that's in addition to the kms we've done in our other car.

In fact, when we first moved here and had to sort out paperwork, etc, we did over 8,000 kms in our hire car in just 4 weeks.

Unless you are stuck right in the middle of a town with no need to ever go out in your car for anything, that km allowance is way too low...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
Spain is a BIG country, and things like decent shops and hypermarkets are rarely 'around every corner' like they are in the UK. Just "pootling around" between the school run and the shops, we've done over 20,000km in our second hand 'main' car in four months... and that's in addition to the kms we've done in our other car.

In fact, when we first moved here and had to sort out paperwork, etc, we did over 8,000 kms in our hire car in just 4 weeks.

Unless you are stuck right in the middle of a town with no need to ever go out in your car for anything, that km allowance is way too low...
I agree. We have been here nearly two years now and have done over 55,000kms. That does not include school runs either as bus picks them up. Maybe it is the two hour drive to the nearest McDonalds thats done it! Or one and half drive to the nearest large supermarket. It all adds up.