Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Attempting to use C120 lnb with dish - complete fail...

Attempting to use C120 lnb with dish - complete fail...

Old Aug 14th 2018, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

DeliveryGuyUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attempting to use C120 lnb with dish - complete fail...

Hi guys.
ive been trying to get a signal on a 2.4m dish, using a black pro twin lnb and adjustable feedhorn.

The plate that holds the lnb is too big for the feedhorn.

The neck of the feedhorn is 24.9cm and the mounting plate is 36.3cm so the feedhorn is smaller by 11.4cm

Does anyone know if you can get a converter so the feedhorn will fit?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attempting to use C120 lnb with dish - complete fail...

Where are you located ? northern Spain? Im just interested, as you wont recieve anything if you are further south than Madrid I think?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That depends which satellite you are wanting to use. You can get most of the Sky channels (excluding UK PSB channels) in southern Spain on a 1.3m dish. You can get I907 on an 80cm dish.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

DeliveryGuyUK is an unknown quantity at this point

We are based in Nonaspe, around 2 hours from Zaragoza and 3 hours from Barcelona.

im fairly sure we would be able to get signal - esp with the 2.4m dish that we have set up but it’s just the lnb set up is too small for the actual bracket on the dish.

im not sure if you can set an adapter to change the size.

also, my measurements are mm not cm!
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All the measurements you gave are in cm or m. Please answer my question about which satellite you wish to use.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeliveryGuyUK
Hi guys.
ive been trying to get a signal on a 2.4m dish, using a black pro twin lnb and adjustable feedhorn.

The plate that holds the lnb is too big for the feedhorn.

The neck of the feedhorn is 24.9cm and the mounting plate is 36.3cm so the feedhorn is smaller by 11.4cm

Does anyone know if you can get a converter so the feedhorn will fit?
I'd suggest you contact via this forum "The Guy" who I think is based in Alicante and who is an expert in such matters.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:28 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeliveryGuyUK
We are based in Nonaspe, around 2 hours from Zaragoza and 3 hours from Barcelona.

im fairly sure we would be able to get signal - esp with the 2.4m dish that we have set up but it’s just the lnb set up is too small for the actual bracket on the dish.

im not sure if you can set an adapter to change the size.

also, my measurements are mm not cm!
Can you not make a plate from something (hard plastic/ally etc) to adapt the fittings to suit.
Bore size the issue ? then some plastic pipe cut down the middle to pack the LNB fitting tube to get to 11.3mm bigger.
As long as the LNB sits central then it will work.

Last edited by VFR; Aug 15th 2018 at 4:32 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:44 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retired in Euskadi
I'd suggest you contact via this forum "The Guy" who I think is based in Alicante and who is an expert in such matters.

I think you'll find he's based in Gandia